Where drilling hole for Hotwire harness?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am trying to get my firewall done before I put in the 5.7 Hemi. Those of you running the hotwire wiring harness, where is the best place to drill the hole to bring the wiring harness inside the car? Got any pics?

Why not email them and ask. But from what I understand you can have them make it go through where you want.

Riddler

I haven't drilled the hole yet, just have it draped through the blower motor hole. But the instructions say to drill it behind the passenger side head.

I think its a matter of preference. I had my last harness come in right where the pass side tunnel and the lower corner of firewall meet, pretty much right behind the pass side head. This area could be a problem with an aftermarket a/c unit in the future though.

Great question. Anybody have pics of their setups?

Why not email them and ask. But from what I understand you can have them make it go through where you want.

Riddler

They said near the rear of the head, but real world and daily use says different on many instances. I figured I would find out with others trial and error.

Great question. Anybody have pics of their setups?
X2

I drilled my own hole for my Megasquirt near that location. It does make it a little difficult to do any wiring with the engine in the way though. I wired it all with the powertrain fully installed, but it wasn't the most pleasant experience. I would have really preferred to use nice bulkhead connectors, but didn't really feel like dropping the extra money on them and figuring out where to put them since they're quite a bit bigger than just grommeted holes.

I ran mine out of the existing firewall hole where the original electrical firewall connector was above the mastercylander. used a billett steering column boot to seal it up that they use on street rod replacement columns

-
Back