Where is remote mirror control located?

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my drivers outside mirror to a remote unit and I need the measurements of where to drill the hole on the inside of the door. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Plymouth and Dodge had the remote control in the same place. Cudaspaz, could you post pic's and measurements? Or PM me. Thanks.

I measured my 68 Barracuda and I`ve got 4.5 " from the rubber plug (window assembly access hole) forward to center and 3" up to center from the top edge of the chrome trim above the door panel. I hope you can interpret those measurements.

Sorry it took so long! I don't know if it matters but the mirrors come with different lengths of cable. Hope the pics help. Good Luck!:cheers:

67 mirror 011.jpg

67 mirror 022.jpg

67 mirror 033.jpg

67`s have a different mirror placement on the outside than the 68 and 69`s do. That difference may transfer to the inside as well. I would wait until somebody with a 69 contacts you with a measurement. My guess is it`s further back on the 69 year model.

It's nice to know I'm still worth SOMETHING!
Did I mention about the different cable lengths available?
Not sure of the length you have but I would think you really need to test fit?, and make sure you're cable won't effect window operation.
As far as location, I would put it where YOU like it! Nobody will hit it with a micron grid before buying it off of you!:-D
Good Luck with the install!

I just did mine on a 67 barracuda and I didnt take pics because the battery was not charged. I used a step bit for the initial whole then a dremel tool. The bottom of the whole is flat and the top has a key way on mine. After the whole was wide enough I took a flat file to make the bottom. Then filed upward for the top key way. Then I put some cheap grinding stones that I bought at harbor freight on the Dremel tool and finished the the top key way. the flat part of the whole is at an angle. I took a piece of 3 inch masking tape and laid it over the old whole to make a stencil.I put the measurements on the door. Put the tape down(Stencil) and then covered outside the whole in stencil with blue tape. It took a while but looks factory.I can give u pics of old door w measurements just pm me.

-
Back