Where to buy aftermarket block???

-

moparmatt19

Reaction score
Who sells the Siamese bore cast iron bb blocks?
Any cons on these blocks?
What HP levels will they hold?
Are the finish bores precisely machined or should I get a rough bore then have it finished?
I'm deciding if I want to just go this route instead of a factory block and I could go with a 4.5 bore. Thanks

So just the aluminum ones? Awe man.... Well if I don't located one I guess I will just use a 400

I got what may have been the last mega block, from Indy. That was a couple years ago. Heavy as hell.

MRL is correct, they are not selling iron blocks at this point. Aluminum is all thats out there and the Indy block is about the most readily available. I just went through the same dilemma. I went with the Indy block, it all really depends on how much power you want to make. It does't pay to spend a ton of money into a stock block if you're going to over power it.

I'll add - only KB does a decent enough job that I'd consider running it "as delivered". Consider Indy a part supplier - not a high end machining company.

Ok, well I will look into the aluminum route. I might stick with the factory block for this one tho. Have to see what the budget will slow, since the aluminum block will add about another $6,000 to the budget that wasn't figured in. Which for me is a good amount more. Thanks everyone for the info

Well, some of that is offset by not having to do anything on the original block. Last time I priced a KB it was about $4700 more than fully prepping a 440 block for the expected power level. Granted that was some years ago... I considered it $4K of life insurance, never mind the additional power the right block will allow the builder to make.

I agree Moper. Don't let Indy do any machine work if you go that route. How much power are you wanting to make?

-
Back