where to buy grease/dust caps for 11.75" rotors?

-

lilcuda

Reaction score
One of the last little parts I need to finish my big bolt pattern upgrade is the grease/dust cap for the 11.75" rotors. I've looked around online, but haven't been able to find any. The bore in the rotor measures 1.8" diameter plus or minus a couple of thousandths.

Thanks!

Late-80's fifth avenue is the ONLY thing still available at the dealer that fits and the aftermarkets...don't fit. They will admit water into, but not out of, your new Timken bearings.

Don't ask how I know.

Also, take your Gold Card. You'll need it.

The 894 cap is still available from the dealer. The price is about $30 each though. I don't think anyone makes a reproduction that actually fits. Evidently the Chinese can't figure out how to read a blueprint yet.

Wow. $30 bucks each? I might look around for some online to see if I can find them cheaper. Is that the entire part #, Andy? If not, can you tell me the whole part #?

I did find some listed in the Dorman catalog that might be close, but I have to find them locally and measure them.

Funny how this swap is talked about a lot, but nobody ever mentions the unobtanium grease caps.

The 894 cap is still available from the dealer. The price is about $30 each though. I don't think anyone makes a reproduction that actually fits. Evidently the Chinese can't figure out how to read a blueprint yet.

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha

Did ya try the "HELP" section at the AP store?

I bought a pair at my local O'Reilly auto parts store. They were a bit too small (you could pull them off by hand). I used a tailpipe expander tool to "stretch" them just enough to make them fit tightly. It's redneck engineering but it seemed to work.

I think I threw away the package with the part # on it but I'll double check.

Scott

Scored a pair of NOS 894 caps on eBay last night. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Andy, who carries your dust cap installation tool?

I bought a pair at my local O'Reilly auto parts store. They were a bit too small (you could pull them off by hand). I used a tailpipe expander tool to "stretch" them just enough to make them fit tightly. It's redneck engineering but it seemed to work.

I think I threw away the package with the part # on it but I'll double check.

Scott

X2, sometimes you need to make stuff work

Scored a pair of NOS 894 caps on eBay last night. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Andy, who carries your dust cap installation tool?

My install tool is part # AR213. Mancini usually has them on hand or Don at FBO can get it for you. Eberg usually has a bunch of them on hand and he sells on eBay.

My install tool is part # AR213. Mancini usually has them on hand or Don at FBO can get it for you. Eberg usually has a bunch of them on hand and he sells on eBay.

Thanks. I already bought one from Don at FBO.

Take a small piece of 2 1/2 exhaust pipe and pound one end down enough to fit snug over the dust cap. Works perfect and yu should have some extra pipe laying around the place

I found these on Ebay. Says they will fit the 1977 Cordoba. On the Dorman site it also list all the applications this part is on and it is LOOONG. I know the thread is a few months old but what the heck blame it on the new guy. I am doing the 11.75" rotor Wilwood caliper swap on my '67 Formula S and this was the part stressing me the most.

DORMAN 13996 Wheel Dust Cap

20210812_123459.jpg
20210812_123608.jpg

-
Back