where to buy? -- single exhaust valve, single lifter, set of pushrods

-

Sinister.

Reaction score
The 5.7 I bought had dropped an exhaust valve, bent a pushrod, and trashed a lifter. Since tearing down the engine I have thrown my pushrods around several times so I'm looking to get a whole new set. I purchased and new cam and am looking to reuse my lifters provided I can buy a single replacement. And as an exhaust valve was bent, i need a replacement for it as well. Does anybody have leads on where to get any of these? I've done some looking but haven't found a whole lot...

For pushrods I have found this website.... Anybody used them before?
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/6-1l-hemi-intake-push-rod5037476ab.html
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/6-1l-hemi-exhaust-push-rod5037475ab.html

They are by far the cheapest and oem so you'll be fine. Have you checked ebay for the lifter?

Does a dealer only sell lifters as full sets? I got a half set to replace my MDS lifters from Inertia Motorsports in TX, but I think he just got them from the dealer. Not sure if they only sell them in sets or not though (half or full depending on MDS maybe?). They may have a spare valve laying around too. I called down there when I was looking for a replacement piston because I know they do a lot of work on the 3G stuff, since they do big valve head upgrades now they might have some stockers they took out.

That's where I got my stuff from sinister... Best prices I found, stuff came pretty quick..

Does a dealer only sell lifters as full sets? I got a half set to replace my MDS lifters from Inertia Motorsports in TX, but I think he just got them from the dealer. Not sure if they only sell them in sets or not though (half or full depending on MDS maybe?). They may have a spare valve laying around too. I called down there when I was looking for a replacement piston because I know they do a lot of work on the 3G stuff, since they do big valve head upgrades now they might have some stockers they took out.

Should be able to order individually from the dealer. I did some pricing on 4.7 parts a while back and you could order valve train components for that one at a time...should be the same with the 5.7

The dealership I spoke to said they only sell lifters as a set of 4 @ $89.75. They do sell exhaust valves individually @ $9.25.

Should be able to order individually from the dealer. I did some pricing on 4.7 parts a while back and you could order valve train components for that one at a time...should be the same with the 5.7

Valves, yes. Lifters, unfortunately, no.

If need be I have some from a head thats no good.

Riddler

I went ahead and ordered the valve from the dealer... Don't suppose you have any lifters laying around? :D

I think the lifters vary from MDS to non-MDS motors, so it may depend on car vs truck motor if earlier... I was under the impression early trucks didnt have MDS.

Joe

I think the lifters vary from MDS to non-MDS motors, so it may depend on car vs truck motor if earlier... I was under the impression early trucks didnt have MDS.

Joe

I believe that's correct. Mine is an '03 truck and it's non-mds

Pretty sure the non-MDS lifters are all the same throughout the years, but I may be wrong. I don't remember if I specified what year engine I had when I got ones to replace the MDS lifters I had.

I bought a single lifter at napa a while back. I think it was about 12.00

I'm still striking out. I got busy with school and let that ebay auction slip through my fingers and NAPA can't pull through for me.

-
Back