Where to buy window track felt

-

standup303

Reaction score
Was trying to dig around to quiet some rattles down and found my window track “felt” inside of the doors is shot. Where can I buy these or what is the proper name?

IMG_5379.jpeg

Beltline seals, window felts, "Cat Whiskers", among others...
Source depends on your application, Google will turn up some possibilities.

Beltline seals, window felts, "Cat Whiskers", among others...
Source depends on your application, Google will turn up some possibilities.
This felt is from the vertical tracks that the glass moves up and down inside of the door.

I think I paid $130 not too long ago for the plastic channel glide? One of those specialty deals. I tried to find it for a different application and use it for mine, but in the end, I just wanted it to fit. Cant remember where i got it.

detroit industries? classic industries? dante's?

Is it the car in the avatar?

I think I paid $130 not too long ago for the plastic channel glide? One of those specialty deals. I tried to find it for a different application and use it for mine, but in the end, I just wanted it to fit. Cant remember where i got it.

detroit industries? classic industries? dante's?

Is it the car in the avatar?
No it is for my 69 Dart

FYI I believe that is PER PIECE.

I think......but my eyes are playing tricks on me over the last couple minutes

Yes, I know, I had to buy them by the pair ($120ish)a coupla years ago, was surprised at the single price, but they explain why.
I still have the remaining single on a shelf.
Good job Detroit Muscle !

Yes, I know, I had to buy them by the pair ($120ish)a coupla years ago, was surprised at the single price, but they explain why.
I still have the remaining single on a shelf.
Good job Detroit Muscle !
I am actually looking for the felt piece that goes down inside of the actual door. But when I just went out to the car I realized I also do not have these pieces. ole Dart is coming for my paycheck again!

I am actually looking for the felt piece that goes down inside of the actual door. But when I just went out to the car I realized I also do not have these pieces. ole Dart is coming for my paycheck again!

That piece attaches to the glass and is the "felt", moves up and down in the empty channel .
It's quite "fragile" , nothing like the original, at least the cheap replacement I got.
But I don't think there's a hell of a lotta choice, then, anyway.
Det Muscles may be different, better I hope.
Good luck .

Be aware; I couldn't find a way to replace the guide without damaging something else, and had to remove the window frame etc from the door. I found it quite challenging.
I hope someone will pipe in with an easier way.
There was a very helpful post on this site, I couldn't find, and I think "Hot Rod" magazine had a good article.
Now you need - good luck,
Cheers .

2932230 is the factory part number. Googling that number will provide you with several choices of reproductions. Maybe all made by the same manufacturer.

I put the number on a saved Ebay search and after a bit they popped up. They first show up in 1967 parts catalog. As you can see on the packaging, these were made well into the Fiat era. Which means they were made for around 50 years. So, if you're parts gathering for an upcoming project I think your chances of finding them should be decent.

IMG_20230911_001851882.jpg

-
Back