Where to degree this cam ?

-
at .050 Intake opens 3 degrees BTDC and exhaust closes -2 ATDC or 2 BTDC 3-2=1 overlap which at .050 is meaningless sorta
a quarter of a degree slop on each would give 1.5 no big deal seat timing is what is important for Intake close and overlap
.050 is for degreeing the cam
GOOD JOB

BTW if the profile would fit on that checking size lifter there would be no difference on seat timing and should not make any difference on the .050 as the lobe should be away from the edge of the .815 test tool
is this a reagrind? perhaps he had to move the lobe on the core to get it to fit but should have given you a heads up
word to all- this happens all the time and is a real problem trying to troubleshoot for some dot to dot installer
remember all the FORDs and MOPAR trucks that came way retarded they ran HOT

is this a reagrind? perhaps he had to move the lobe on the core to get it to fit but should have given you a heads up
word to all- this happens all the time and is a real problem trying to troubleshoot for some dot to dot installer
remember all the FORDs and MOPAR trucks that came way retarded they ran HOT
I gotta say I never used a regrind for a V8 and never thought of this. Makes sense.

Yes... a regrind of a magnum roller. All of what you said makes sense.

Yes... a regrind of a magnum roller. All of what you said makes sense.

If it's a cast iron core OC has them for fairly cheap. That helps keep the lobe from moving too far on a regrind.

None of it really matter though because I've seen new cams be off that much. Like you said...this is why we degree every cam. Otherwise you have no idea where it's at.

-
Back