Where to Find 1970 Jamaica Blue Spray paint

-

TechMavn

Reaction score
Hi folks. Jamaica Blue was Dodge color code A2051 (EB7). classic industries has touch up paint to original spec, where can you go online to find rattle can spray paint that is exact or close match ? i see that duplicolor has an "intense blue" pearl chrysler match , code E7 that looks close. anyone have a "go to " for spray paint ? thank you

Any decent paint supply shop will be able to make a spray bomb for you of that colour code. If you want it to match existing 50yr old paint best for them to use their colour matching camera to account for fade and oxidation.

H22a4 thank you. Here in LA not so easy. A million regs that block locals from mixing paints for spray..

H22a4 thank you. Here in LA not so easy. A million regs that block locals from mixing paints for spray..
WOW, crips,bloods,latin kings and marijuana ,ok but lets go after spray cans !!!!:realcrazy:

I used to get spray cans mixed at Finishmaster in Oakland- they have SoCal locations also. Helpful to have the PPG code or a sample to match.
I use San Leandro Color now and they made 2 recipes for my EE1 dark blue poly- one from the original paint code, and one matched to the aged paint on the bottom of the trunk lid.

great thoughts, paint on mine is weathered. starting with the oem wheels. finishmaster a big operation, thank you. not clear they offer will call. so far Touch Up Direct in LA appears to have a good following and follow thru

i used Touch Up Direct in los angeles, the result was great. they use a 3 step process - primer, color, and clear. the color match to Jamaica Blue was exact. the material used was excellent, clear was easy to work with as well. next time will sand blast the wheels rather than sand - would cut down the prep work by 75%. special shout out to harrisonm!

steel wheels.jpg

i used Touch Up Direct in los angeles, the result was great. they use a 3 step process - primer, color, and clear. the color match to Jamaica Blue was exact. the material used was excellent, clear was easy to work with as well. next time will sand blast the wheels rather than sand - would cut down the prep work by 75%. special shout out to harrisonm!

View attachment 1715609215
Those look great!

just a quick update. the first 2 were hand sanded. very long process, eat your wheaties folks. 2d two were sandblasted. looked like new from factory when picked up. extra $ of course but great result.

-
Back