Where to find 2bbl /6 intake

-

Rengo

Reaction score
The 1920/1945 holley 1bbl carb on my car is not going to last much longer and just flat sucks, so instead of fixing that, I think I want to move up to a 2bbl. Anyone know where to find these for a reasonable price? Also what carb should I run on it if my 225 is .30 over with a milled head?

Thanks in advance, Jared.

I have an original Super Six carburetor and intake. The carb will need a kit. PM me if you are interested.

I am not aiming to build a super six, just trying to get away from the sluggish 1bbl and not move into a 4bbl. Everything I find is 300.00 and shipping is going to be terrible, then add flanges, exhaust and the carb.. not looking cheap.

I am not aiming to build a super six, just trying to get away from the sluggish 1bbl and not move into a 4bbl. Everything I find is 300.00 and shipping is going to be terrible, then add flanges, exhaust and the carb.. not looking cheap.

So what exactly are you trying to do ?
I got a feeling you don't know what a Super Six is.

The Super Six was the name for the 2 barrel slant six.

I thought the super six was the 4bbl 225. All I am trying to do is get away from the 1bbl, I have read that the 2bbl actually improves mpg?

It won't for a while because you will be putting your foot into it until you get used to it but it actually does help on mileage

you'll need the manifold (2bbl) the carb,air cleaner and linkage. if an automatic trans the kick down linkage too. also if you have a rod actuated carb on there now you will need a cable and cabled gas pedal to changeover. you can use the same exhaust manifold, it's the same.
but you should look at the many install instructions on how to proceed. it makes your installation much easier if you follow the procedures. I've seen intakes go anywhere from 40.00 and up. carbs 50.00 and up linkage 30.00 and up gotta search for a good deal. cheapest I figure you can get everything is about 150.00 if you search for parts. Higher than 200 just makes no point to me unless it's a brand new carb. but that's just my opinion AND the reason I got mine in parts to stay under 200.

if you peace it together u can find carb at a u pull it yard and some times the intake too and linkage off a truck or car I found a carb at pull & save in spokane wa in a bin that some one just put there with out a care also it's cheap if u can find it a the local u pull it.

I've got a manifold you can have for $50 plus shipping. There's a guy on eBay that sells the carbs, cleaned with an older rebuild, for $80. I've bought three from him. The hardest part is the kickdown linkage for an automatic transmission. They are somewhat difficult to find, and often cost more than the manifold/carb. Lokar sells a cable-operated kickdown linkage that people have successfully used, but I don't know much about it. Think it sells new for about $65. The only other part that can drive you nuts is the electric choke that sits in a well on the intake. The 1bbl and 2bbl are completely different. I got lucky and found a brand new one on RockAuto for $20, or you can use an aftermarket electric or a manual cable. You will need an air cleaner from a 318, and a throttle cable from a V8.

Let me know if you want the manifold.

You just missed a deal for the 4bbl Offenhauser intakes that J.C. Whitney had for ~$150 clearance. I jumped as soon as I read of it, but too late. One guy here bought 2, and wants to sell one, but more than $150 of course. It was a bit of a risk since they showed a photo of a Ford 6 cyl one.

-
Back