where to find '65 keys??

-

joesnow

Reaction score
I need copies of my keys made ,vut can't find anyone with blanks. 1965 plymouth. Any insight?? Thanks.

Got a NOS blank set off ebay for cheap. Just make sure they are right for your car, some look very close but won't fit.

I went to ACE hardware (i dunno if you guys have those) and they had ugly but workable spares

so far i have tried:
Sears,Lowes.Homedepot,2 dealers,Dublin hardware,Shelly's Hardware,
I know of a Ace, I'll give them a try.

Can you find a locksmith in your area? They should be able to help you and I've found the cost to be similar to a hardware store.

Go to a real locksmith. They most likely will even have a pentastar, or even original keys if they are old enough. And might even have the perdy ones to. It's worth the extra $$ to even buy a couple of blanks just in case for later.

Just pay attention if you're using ebay with the keys.. i messed up. The longer key is for my 65 dart, but the shorter one is for later models. Notice how the head is different. ALSO the trunk keys are different too. one is longer.. thats the only way to find out. Older dodges are longer, newer - shorter. I didnt snap a picture of the trunk key, but look at this picture, top left hand corner.. those are two trunk keys. One early, one late model..

SP_A0898.jpg

-
Back