Where to get a ready to run forged 3.31 stroke crankshaft?

-

glockr

Reaction score
Molnar and Scat start out at 3.58 stroke and I have no desire to build a "stroked" 318. Eagle has one, but after reading about problems people have with Eagle cranks I'm not sure I want to go that route. I know a 318 probably doesn't "need" a forged crank but I'm going to hit it with 150 or 200 shot of nitrous. Which one should I take my chances with - factory cast or Eagle forged? If the answer is "neither", is there a company that will sell me a GOOD forged crank for around $1K or less? thanks

I think the eagle crank issues were the cast ones. Dont recall any issues with the forged units. Could always keep an eye out for a factory forged unit for sale on here as well.

A properly prepped factory forged crank will tolerate pretty much whatever you throw at it.

Just get a 273, early 318 or 340 forged crank. As mentioned, they're quite substantial.

i'll echo the sentiment of scooping up a 273/318 piece. surely you could source one and have it prepped to your specification for less than 1K-ish?

granted if it's the early crank you'll need to handle the machine work for the torque converter register or pilot bushing, but i don't see that as anything that's insurmountable.

Molnar and Scat start out at 3.58 stroke and I have no desire to build a "stroked" 318. Eagle has one, but after reading about problems people have with Eagle cranks I'm not sure I want to go that route. I know a 318 probably doesn't "need" a forged crank but I'm going to hit it with 150 or 200 shot of nitrous. Which one should I take my chances with - factory cast or Eagle forged? If the answer is "neither", is there a company that will sell me a GOOD forged crank for around $1K or less? thanks

Eagle cast stroker cranks had issues at one time( I broke one) but have never heard of any issues with a forged unit.
if you can get an Eagle forged 3.31, I wouldn’t hesitate trusting it at all.

-
Back