Where To Get Mopar Factory Parts?

-

kend

Reaction score
I've searched with no luck, found a couple of places with a few parts but nothing like what I find when looking for GM parts. Is there an online Chrysler parts source? There's gotta be but I'm not finding it.

Any factory parts. Like if you went to a dealership and ordered a part.

Asssuming you are talking about A-bodies..Short answer NO. Welcome to Mopar.
There are a very limited number of dealer parts still available. Anything good has been bought up (a long time ago) and is either on a car or in someones private stash. Prepare to pay big bucks if you find any. I think someone posted a list a while back of what was available from dealers and it wasn't much then. Have not tried my local dealer for anything in a long time. Last thing I got was a fuel fill donut and that was probably 5 years ago.

Check on ebay. It may take a bit of searching but ive found a couple nos parts on there. Be weary of some sellers though, i only buy from well reviewed sellers. Buy only through paypal too. Even if you have a issue with the seller ebay will assist with sorting any issues

They have everything you need. And stuff you probably forgot you need.

So does my local chrysler dealer, older parts are not available.

Not one place can carry everything. That's half the fun of restoring a vehicle. It takes time to find the parts. What can I say?

Not one place can carry everything. That's half the fun of restoring a vehicle. It takes time to find the parts. What can I say?
Yep, even for aftermarket you gotta shop around. NOS is needle in a haystack AND deep pockets. I haven't looked what is around for bowties, but its gotta be nice to fill your cart and have a car show up (some assembly required)lol I don't think they can even get so much NOS anymore, but certainly more re-pop available.

There is a difference between restoring a car & just buying parts. If I wanted easy I'd do a Chevy. But I work a little harder because I like 72 Darts. No its not a Nova I keep telling everyone. (That's a Mopar joke)

My 1972 (Nova) Well? That's what people think. Lol

20160530_100038.jpg

Last time i went to the dodge dealer for eomething simple. Nylon collar for the bottom of a distributor i was told NS1. I went to my bearing supply house and bought a bearing collar for $1. Will never go back to the dealer. Half the crap in the MP catalog is discontinued too. What a joke.

Heres a pic of my better than factory solution, along with the GM HEI that makes me a knuckle dragger to some folks on here.

20150110_144151.jpg

I just bought some parts from my local dealer. They had to order them, but got them in a few days. I got a steering shaft coupling rebuild kit and those little white plastic spacers that break all the time on the steering column. Call them and ask. They just might be able to get what you need.

I've also gone to my local dealership and they have helped me order some parts for my 65 barracuda.

You must of got someone who knew what you were talking about. Ive went to order stuff from various dealers and they act like they dont know what the hell your talking about, that or the computer doesnt show it

You must of got someone who knew what you were talking about. Ive went to order stuff from various dealers and they act like they dont know what the hell your talking about, that or the computer doesnt show it
The guy I spoke to actually knew his job which was nice. He had to reference an old parts book to help me. I downloaded my parts book from here MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Parts & Accessories Books and have used the part numbers to help find parts. Most are outdated, but they found superseding part numbers. Good luck!

My dealer has the old books up on a high shelf. As long as they aren't busy the old timers usually like to look stuff up in the books. Need to get the part # first. Then go to computer to see if anyone has it.

-
Back