where to mount coil.

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I have a 318 with a Weiand Action Plus intake.I really do not see anywhere to mount the coil on the intake.I do not want to mount the coil on the firewall.So where are you Guys mounting your coils?

Attachments

• kkkkkkkkkk 005.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 593
I mounted mine on the firewall, next to wiper motor. I am running a Procomp E-coil, with a HEI conversion.

Passenger side inner fender like Tony or on the top for easy access :glasses7:
or :glasses7: put it all under dash in a flip down cover or shelf you built :color:

My Mopar M1 didn't have a spot either but I used a MSD coil bracket and got it to line up using an intake bolt hole, I have an extra so if you are interested in it i'll give you a killer deal on it......FABO Discount :glasses7:

BTW, it would mount the same as mine in the picture...I can get better pics if you want and the bracket is still new!

Attachments

• DSC02742.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 670
I was wonderin the same thing with Dads 273. LD4B has no coil mount....member here told me to use a 340 6pk coil bracket. Slight grind to the bracket and fits perfect...and stock

I was wonderin the same thing with Dads 273. LD4B has no coil mount....member here told me to use a 340 6pk coil bracket. Slight grind to the bracket and fits perfect...and stock

I tried that and it looks like crap...sold the 6pak bracket to another member...get the MSD one....i'll post the number for you, it mounts using 1 intake bolt hole IIRC and holds just fine and tight....plus looks cleaner than a firewall mount :glasses7:

I tried that and it looks like crap...sold the 6pak bracket to another member...get the MSD one....i'll post the number for you, it mounts using 1 intake bolt hole IIRC and holds just fine and tight....plus looks cleaner than a firewall mount :glasses7:

Yours does look clean Keith! Post pics if you can...here's pics that another member posted of his 6pk coil bracket.

Attachments

• 6pk coil bracket 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 598
  • 6 pack coil bracket.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 605
My Mopar M1 didn't have a spot either but I used a MSD coil bracket and got it to line up using an intake bolt hole, I have an extra so if you are interested in it i'll give you a killer deal on it......FABO Discount :glasses7:

BTW, it would mount the same as mine in the picture...I can get better pics if you want and the bracket is still new!

Memikie likie =D>

maybe now is the time to convert to one of those dizzies with the coil built in ?

If you use the stock bracket, the spot directly beneath the heater hoses on the firewall is offset and works perfectly, mounted exactly how IR333 has his.

It also helps keep heat off of the coil, not having it mounted to the engine. I put a heat shield between the coil and the heater hoses on the Scamp.

I have a 318 with a Weiand Action Plus intake.I really do not see anywhere to mount the coil on the intake.I do not want to mount the coil on the firewall.So where are you Guys mounting your coils?

So... You have a plan for the coil mount yet? I've got the same intake, same issue..

I do not like the looks of the coil mounted to the inner fender or firewall.I have made a bracket that mounts to the rear of the intake on the passenger side.I made 3 and sold two of the brackets.I will be making about 10 more to sell later this week.I will post pics later this week.
The brackets I am making mount in the same spot on your intake as post #9.

I do not like the looks of the coil mounted to the inner fender or firewall.I have made a bracket that mounts to the rear of the intake on the passenger side.I made 3 and sold two of the brackets.I will be making about 10 more to sell later this week.I will post pics later this week.
The brackets I am making mount in the same spot on your intake as post #9.

Hey Jim, Im curious if you got pics of the one you made?? Also how much $$ ?? Pm me for my email.

Thanks
Steve

I like mine mounted off of the engine , less heat and engine vibration to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 504
I made my own from a 70's dodge van v8 intake bracket.

Attachments

• Picture 1254.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Picture 1253.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 404
  • Picture 1252.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 348
-
Back