Where to mount electric fuel pump on 70 Duster

-

giggy

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to board. I've stopped by a few times and finally registered.

I am working on my 70 Duster, its taken me a year and a half on my 1 month project!

I am installing an electric fuel pump, but can't find a good area to mount it. I thought I'd be able to mount it on the frame near the tank, but I can't seem to find an area suitable. I have 2 1/2" exhaust with tailpipes that take up most of my room back there.

My question is: Where is a good place to mount it?

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank,

Jeff

Most mount them behing the tank near the top shock mounts. Ive also seen them mounted on the pass. side rear frame rail. Welcome aboard.

fastbackcuda said:
Most mount them behing the tank near the top shock mounts. Ive also seen them mounted on the pass. side rear frame rail. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome aboard. Nice looking site!

I think the best place will be by the shock mounts, I will have to fab a bracket I guess. I was worried about mounting it to the sheetmetal due to the vibration factor. (noise too).

nothing is ever easy!

Thanks,

Jeff

i had mine on behind the pass rear seat a great place and its way outa the way and really easy to get too all u got to do is pull the back seat drill two holes mount her under the car and your god to go no brackets involved! :lol:

Well it looks like I am good to go. Thanks for the advice. Pretty easy solution, now just need to wire it up and move on.

Thanks!

Jeff

If your worried about vibration noise, just put some thick rubber washers between the bracket and the chassis. Any hardware store will have those. Or if you have an old skateboard laying around, grab the rubber from the trucks.

Well all looks pretty good. But will it be alright so close to the muffler/tailpipes? It's probably 1 1/2" away.

-
Back