Where to run return line on 67 Dart?????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am going to install a Wix vapor return style filter. I am going to run a 1/4" line from filter to tank area. 67 Darts have only a vent on the filler tube. What are my option for tying in the return. What have some of you done. Anyone have pictures ?

On hot days, I can drive the car, get home and shut it down in the driveway. Go back out a little later and crank it and it wants to die. It is trying to vaporlock. I can keep it running and once I get moving all is well. Also it pushes fuel past the needle and seats in the carb. I keep the fuel level half way up the sight glasses. A few hours later, after shutdowm, the bowls will be down to the bottom of the sight glass.

When I installed EFI on my 69, I just Tee’d into the filler neck vent

why not get a pick up with return?
that way you can upgrade the fuel line going in, and use the existing line as a return

why not get a pick up with return?
that way you can upgrade the fuel line going in, and use the existing line as a return

I did this with my EFI. Used 3/8" rubber line for feed and the 5/16" hard line for the return. Works just fine. I ordered the $50 unit off Amazon

I did this with my EFI. Used 3/8" rubber line for feed and the 5/16" hard line for the return. Works just fine. I ordered the $50 unit off Amazon
so are you running rubber fuel line the entire length of the car?
that seems a bit dangerous

my plan for my duster is to use 3/8th hard line for the feed

Seems like a lotta work that IMO,from your description,won't solve a thing.
Think about it
All you are doing is moving the percolating fuel in the line to a new location. The float level will still be lowered. And the air filter housing will still be full of vaporized fuel.
But now you have the additional problem of no fuel in the fuel line, next to the carb cuz you let it percolate down the line.

Gasoline is made up of something like 22 different kinds of molecules,(edit: 200) each with it's own boiling point, and some of them below 100*F( edit 95*F). You need to figure out how to get your carb to run cooler than that, and stay cooler than that. Then you won't need to thro bandaids at a hemorrhage.
Gasoline - encyclopedia article - Citizendium

Last edited:
-
Back