Where to weld in O2 Bung for wideband

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Hi guys, picked up a Wideband A/F gauge and I need to weld in the bung. Trying to figure out the best place to do so. Im running TTI's so cutting into those is out. Right after the collector I have maybe 1.5" until my H pipe. After the H pipe it curves up towards the drive shaft then curves again towards the back of the car. My exhaust is not mandrel bent so in the curves it has some restrictions, but I probably have about 8 inches of straight pipe between the bends.

The only thing the instructions say is at least 18" after the exhaust port, but doesnt give you a max distance. Thoughts?

As far upstream as you can get it, then. Mine is right after the flange on the collector. If that gasket leaks, I'll know it :-D

I think I've read it should be as close to the collector as possible and at a horizontal or above position in the pipe...

I think I've read it should be as close to the collector as possible and at a horizontal or above position in the pipe...

That's what the directions were for mine and it works great. It needs to be aft of collector or manifold to measure the entire bank.

Ok, my other question since my H pipe is so close to the collector. Do you guys think I will have a problem if its directly across from the H pipe, (side of exhaust to the doors)?

I decided to put mine in the collector adapter right after the headers. No cutting into the headers. If I ever make it to a strip, I'll just run 1 ft or so extensions, and put a new bung into one of them.

I probably could get mine in the adapter, it tapers down but I dont see it being a problem to get it welded in there.

I judt put the same thing in mine I wasn't putting it in my tti either, made some calls and was told to put it as close to header as can so it went in the reducer, works great with no probs

I just bought the Innovate LC-2

Have not installed yet, but was reading instructions

It says, "Weld the bung at least 24" downstream from the exhaust port. The bung should be welded in before the X or H pipe if so equipped."

hope that helps.

Its a good idea to weld bung at about 10 or 2 o'clock or higher that way any water / condensation won't break your O2 sensor.

-
Back