Which 727 will work?

-

lgarbz

Reaction score
I've got a 1974 duster slant six. I want to swap my 904 for a 727 and was wondering if I need a short shaft or long shaft?

Logan

A 727 behind a slant? Lawlz, rebuild the 904. It ain't hard, you can do it in your kitchen.

A 727 that fits a slant is pretty rare. You need a long shaft, and the splines/ length of a 904 is different than a 727

I agree with above.............."why?"

They were used in truck applications with the slant 6 so why not?

The 904 can take all your slant could ever putout in any form. There is zero reason to put a 727 behind a slant. You will cost precious power that the slant does not have to begin with and cost yourself some MPG in the process.

The 904 can take all your slant could ever putout in any form. There is zero reason to put a 727 behind a slant. You will cost precious power that the slant does not have to begin with and cost yourself some MPG in the process.

I completely agree. There are guys running 904's behind strokers that turn low 10 sec. 1/4 mile times.

The only reason I can think to install a 727 is to make your car slower and get less fuel mileage and that makes no sense.

-
Back