Which AC/heat system and why?

-
Does you AC belt run around crank, PS, and AC? I bought kit from them and wondering if the belt will slip with that routing?
I would have to look at their instructions, what their kit has now could be different than the kit I had many years ago. Let me show you and tell you what I have. I posted two pictures for you. When I bought my kit, they asked me what engine I had, and sent me specific brackets and an extra pulley that bolted onto the front of my crankshaft pulley. All I had to do was take the bolts out of my current crankshaft pulley and insert slightly longer bolts and attach that new pulley. My belt goes around the compressor, under the upper radiator hose, around that manual idler pulley, down to the crankshaft pulley and then back up to the compressor. It works very well. I adjusted that manual idler pulley long time ago, and it has never slipped on me.

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6494.jpeg

I would have to look at their instructions, what their kit has now could be different than the kit I had many years ago. Let me show you and tell you what I have. I posted two pictures for you. When I bought my kit, they asked me what engine I had, and sent me specific brackets and an extra pulley that bolted onto the front of my crankshaft pulley. All I had to do was take the bolts out of my current crankshaft pulley and insert slightly longer bolts and attach that new pulley. My belt goes around the compressor, under the upper radiator hose, around that manual idler pulley, down to the crankshaft pulley and then back up to the compressor. It works very well. I adjusted that manual idler pulley long time ago, and it has never slipped on me.

View attachment 1716208119

View attachment 1716208121

Thanks for checking. Looks like what Nostalgiac Air sells:

1970 - 1982 318 340 360 Dodge Chrysler Compressor Bracket

Only thing Classic Auto Air sells for '69 and back cast iron water pump is belt goes around crank, AC, and PS. Thats what they sent me but not able to find anyone who can say how that one worked out.

Thanks for checking. Looks like what Nostalgiac Air sells:

1970 - 1982 318 340 360 Dodge Chrysler Compressor Bracket

Only thing Classic Auto Air sells for '69 and back cast iron water pump is belt goes around crank, AC, and PS. Thats what they sent me but not able to find anyone who can say how that one worked out.

I don't see why that would not work fine. My belt goes around three pulleys, one of which is adjustable (the manual idler pulley). Yours will also go around three pulleys also, one of which is adjustable (the PS pulley). I'd be fine with that.

You're in Arizona and need some serious A. C...
I've installed many, many vintage airs in Chevy's and talk to them plenty of times and had my share of problems with their Chinese parts and they can't give an answer on how many BTU's but I would think probably 13 or 1400...
People like to spend 15 or 16 or $1800. Because they think they're gonna be plug in play which i've never had one that easy...
I personally installed the 23000 Btu cold master set up in both my power wagon and my duster and couldn't be happier with them..
I guess they call it a knee knocker because if you crash, I guess you would hit your knees. But I've had one installed in my duster on the passenger side and it never came close to anybody's knees.
I know they've raised the prices a little bit but I paid 475 for my duster unit. And I made my homemade bracket down in the power of staring area for the compressor... In the power wagon , I got the heater as well , which was specifically a heater core inside a box with some fans that blew out four holes and mounted it underneath to dash with vents going out of it ... I paid about 600 for both...
It comes with everything you need. The condenser, the compressor the dryer, the evaporator all the housing, a wiring kit and a pusher fan to cool the condenser which vintage will not have that...
Call omar at coldmaster in florida..
It won't hurt to ask him questions..
PXL_20220111_225031028.jpg

PXL_20220207_222519770.jpg

PXL_20220206_220642888.jpg

IMG_20200722_154917.jpg

IMG_20200725_193437.jpg

IMG_20200802_145653.jpg

IMG_20200720_134820.jpg

IMG_20200802_131400.jpg

You can borrow/rent the vacuum pump and the gages from the parts store.. I bought my own stuff at harbor freight..

They have many configurations and colors for that evaporator under the dash... I just took their measurements and made a cardboard box the size of what they said so I could see what it would fit like...

I don't see why that would not work fine. My belt goes around three pulleys, one of which is adjustable (the manual idler pulley). Yours will also go around three pulleys also, one of which is adjustable (the PS pulley). I'd be fine with that.
Thanks. Thats probably why I can't find anyone to comment because most likely no one has had any problems with it.

-
Back