Which aftermarket radiator for Valiant?

-

davalf

Reaction score
I have a 67 Valiant that I am putting a 360 in. It looks like I need a inlet on the passenger side and an outlet on the driver's side. All the aftermarket radiators I can find are the opposite. Does anyone know where I can find one that will work? Thanks.

Dave

Why not just have the outlet/inlets switched on the tanks? I had that done on my 1966 273 radiator on the lower tank, a good radiator shop can do this and it's cheaper too. If the radiator is not good, just have a new core put in, I had a high flow efficiency 2- core added and it cools my 340 nice....plus, fits like ma Mopar did it herself.

Oreilly auto parts has a new replacement ( the '70 and up style ). Not sure of your budget, but it is $270. A member here with screen name challengergary sells champion aluminum radiators. I have one and it works great. The radiator style you need to get the hose connections where you need them is for 1970 and up Darts and Dusters. I had to do this same setup with my 1967 Dart. Here is a link to his radiator thread. PM him and he will fix you up with exactly what you need.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=149998&highlight=champion+radiator

Oreilly auto parts has a new replacement ( the '70 and up style ). Not sure of your budget, but it is $270.

I tried this twice and both radiators had the flanges mounted about 2" in board requiring a spacer to correctly mount to my 69. In other words, the front of the radiator wanted to go half way into the core support to be mounted.

did you check with ChallegerGary? I might be mistaken, but I think I saw that option on the website. I just ordered a 26" B/E body rad from him for my 69. Its aluminum 3 core and was $200 and change. It's supposed to fit nice with little changes. I've got a 360 as well.

Thank you for help. I sent challengergary an e-mail asking about the champion radiators. The 2 row is only $160 and the three row is $210. Not to bad considering the other stuff I found online.

Do a search on Champion radiators before you buy. I got one and it was a POS. Welds looked like a 10 yr old did it and it was warped nearly 1/2". Was also supposed to be a direct bolt in for my 68 Cuda but the factory radiator shroud didn't even come close to bolting in place. Lost $35 shipping it back. There was a thread on Moparts about them and it seems the guys that bought them for other body styles had no problems, just the A-body ones were problematic. JFYI

I used a Be Cool twice. They work great and are aviable in both inlet/outlet combo's

A "correct" 67 radiator would be drivers side inlet and outlet.

I used one out of a Dakota if your not trying to empty your savings for a aftermarket 'offering'. Really, if the outlets line up, you can put any radiator you want in there.

67 Valiants came with a 22" rad, or at least mine did. Not sure why your inlet/outlet is different, but here's my `67 with a 360 Magnum and a 22" three row champion. -pauly

Attachments

• autofest 010_1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 205
67 Valiants came with a 22" rad, or at least mine did. Not sure why your inlet/outlet is different, but here's my `67 with a 360 Magnum and a 22" three row champion. -pauly

Thank you. I just ordered the champion from challengergary. I need the upper to be on the driver's side and the lower to be on the passenger side. I think it might be because my 360 is a 79.

Let me know how you make out. I ordered mine this week too. Will post pics of the whole build in various forums.

I ordered the 526 which is supposed to fit a-bodies. Which one did you order?

Next I need to find a replacement windshield at a decent price.

I ordered the radiator yesterday, and got it today. Now that's fast shipping! The radiator will fit after I make the holes a little larger. All the welds on it look good except for the bracket to the core. They don't look horrible, just now perfect. No big deal. Everything else looks good. I should get it in tomorrow and let you know.

just got home from work and my new rad was sitting at the door.

Excited to get that engine bay done so I can fit everything up and send it for paint….

Just my TTI complete exhaust to come now.

-
Back