Which alternator

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm going with a 1 wire alternator setup and with all the options I'm just not sure what to get, I'm seeing everything from 40 amp to 110 amp, Chevy, Ford, and Mopar options. Now I don't seed some super chrome polished high zuke model lol.

For electronics all I really have is an msd 6al box, electric fuel pump, and very few other small accessories like a car charger for my phone.

I'm also running a motor plate so I'm already going to have to fab up some sort of bracket. Thanks

Something in the 70-80 amp range should do OK for that load; it is not a whole lot. 'High zuke'...LOL

Would say it depends on your wiring too. The article I found on here: Improved Wiring for older Mopar was very helpful.

The gage of wire in my old harness was way too small for the alt the owner before me had in the car. Overkill for a car that didn't even have a working radio.

That is unless your title was a typo and you meant "Witch" alternator. In that case a 6 demon bag and the soul of an orphan will be adequate.

-
Back