Which B/RB carb bracket to use

-

shootr2506

Reaction score
Hello I’m not sure which one piece carb bracket to use on my 440 with the trick flow intake and a Mopar performance drop air cleaner .Question is Will the bracket have enough clearance with the air cleaner brace .thank you

Sorry, what is this 1 piece carb bracket?
Throttle arm or under the carb?
Is it a Holley carb?

Is it on the throttle arm?
Thank you for answering back yesterday I was at the car and it cleared the air cleaner my new problem is I have a six cylinder throttle cable that is stock and there is not enough throw with the bracket that I am using which is aftermarket so is there a certain type of bracket for the carburetor that I need to use thank you

The cable is to short, correct?

A proper 4bbl. bracket for the engine series will alter the mounting point position.
If you can fabricate and weld… moving the clamp point forward on the bracket…. Then A V8 cable is what maybe needed or what I like better (also since I’m not a resto guy) is a Lokar (or equal) cable. They also have there own brackets to use.

We need a big block guy here.

I used Lokar cable myself. But a picture of what exactly your working with and the issue at hand would be a great help.

Big block in a A body that had a /6.
Easy enough and the been there done that guys would know what throttle bracket to use.

I myself had a 400 B in a ‘71 /6 Duster and I used a Lokar cable set up for the throttle and trans kick down. If there is a factory bracket to use with a /6 cable, I am unaware of it.

Ok….here is what I used with lokar cables

2A5B449B-37A2-4C4C-8F09-0FA4BDB18C1B.jpeg

The cable is to short, correct?

A proper 4bbl. bracket for the engine series will alter the mounting point position.
If you can fabricate and weld… moving the clamp point forward on the bracket…. Then A V8 cable is what maybe needed or what I like better (also since I’m not a resto guy) is a Lokar (or equal) cable. They also have there own brackets to use.

We need a big block guy here.
Thank you so much I ordered a cable mount and return spring from bob mazz in California it’s a stock looking mount but ,ale tall for high rise intakes like I have .hope it works thanks buddy

-
Back