Which battery cable to use?

-
Reaction score
OK, so far I think I have figured out that the positive cable replacement # is 2770662 for my 72 dart. Then looking around on the computer I see a lot of folks listing a 3764166 which is supposed to fit 70-74 challenger/cudas, 68-74 dart & 70-74 dusters. Does this seem right? The only reason I'm asking is because the #277 costs $130+ and the #376 is just $30 and from the pictures they look the same except the high one has that heat wrap on the bottem half (OE look). Anyone who knows about this or has some experience I sure would appreciate your input.:notworth:

I would expect the battery cable varies with the engine, since the starters are in different places among the 3 engines. You didn't tell us what you have.

There may be a difference between the a-body and e-body cables, but I'm not "positive"....

OK, so far I think I have figured out that the positive cable replacement # is 2770662 for my 72 dart. Then looking around on the computer I see a lot of folks listing a 3764166 which is supposed to fit 70-74 challenger/cudas, 68-74 dart & 70-74 dusters.

Give Robert Wallace a call at M&H 562-926-9552. He is the guru concerning battery cables at M&H. After discussing cables with him for my 65, I ended up buying the positive negative cables for my 65 Dart. Concours correct in every detail.

Well I took a chance and bought the $30 one and its just right for my car. It doesn't have the heat protection on the bottom portion but other than that I think its the same thing. Saved me a hundred bucks!

Attachments

• Photo-0110 (WinCE).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 378
yes..i used the E body on my Duster ..it fit O.K.
However i cut it about 5 inches from the starter..slid the original insulation
on,pushed it up out of the way,spliced in a piece about 5" long and slid the insulation over the splice.
so far so good.

-
Back