which Borla muffler

-

tom340

Reaction score
For the TTI 2 1/2" exhaust to replace the dynomax that came with the kit. Obviously need the offset muffler, which the Borla does not force the spent gasses to swirl around the muffler like Dynomax. Has anyone swapped out the Dynomax for Borla's in their TTI exhaust, and if so what case size worked for direct bolt in?

You can get Dynomax Ultra Flows. They are straight through and would be a direct replacement.

http://dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=ultraflowelded

You are absolutely right, just returned from E Town today and got edumicated :) Met the dude with the beautiful green 70 'Cuda 440 (was a Viper color) had a complete tti 3" exhaust and the Dynomax Ultras. He introduced us to the guy who built the car, and he told us you can now get them right from tti. Direct bolt in, no welding. Thanks for the link

Ordered from Summit, the Dynomax welded Ultra Flow mufflers just arrived. The p/n that is a direct bolt in to replace the Super Turbos is #17219. Did some research on these, flow test results were posted on a Corvette forum and are impressive. Few other random comparisons were done by a Mustang magazine.

Hopefully I'll be able to make time to swap them in this weekend. I'll have a pair of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers available when that happens if anyone is interested.

After you did the swap did the exhaust get louder?

Did any mid range drone go away?

I just finished removing the Dynomax Super Turbos and replaced them with the Ultra Flows. Car does not sound much louder at idle or cruise just sharper and deeper and way meaner sounding then before. At wide open throttle it is loud. Or if you rev it up it sounds a lot ouder. Car pulls a lot harder after the swap. No drone at cruise. I added flanges to the tail pipes so I can easily remove the exhaust if I ever wanted to.

Attachments

• UltraFlo3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 285
  • UltraFlo4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 294
  • UltraFlo1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 285
I'll have a pair of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers available when that happens if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in these.

Do the ultra flo's sound raspy at all? Cause I have the flowmaster 10 series and they are a bit raspy/tinny sounding so I've been looking for something that can be just as loud as the 10's but more deeper

Ultra Flow's rock! A person I know,has them on,a 500 inch GTO. Dips into the 9's,with spray.Barely hear it at idle,can talk in the car at freeway speed. He had Flow's ,with a ton of spray.That was horrific to listen to.Harley guys cringed,when the bottle hit. Oh yes,3 inch .

-
Back