Lunati
Hughes
CompCams
Herberts
Howards
Bullet-Cams
and Crower

waiting for their answers...

in the meantime user Lelo Dart (thank you mate) showed me 2 links to a guy selling regrinded Magnum cams on Ebay.

searching FABO an the Web lead me to several posts from the past where this guy and his stuff received good reputations

so i think it would be a reasonable way to buy one of these cams

the question will be whitch one to take...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281891483759?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

HR-279-MAG

Advertised Duration
In. 279
Ex. 287

Duration @ .050
In. .218
Ex. .228

Valve Lift 1.6
In. .525
Ex. .525

Lobe Lift
In. .338
Ex. .338

RPM
1800 - 5800

LSA

Hot Street Performance * Good low-end and mid-range torque increase * 9:1+ compression * Intake, headers, 3:42+ * 2200+ * Choppy but tame idle

or

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281913290090?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Advertised Duration
In. 258
Ex. 264

Duration @ .050
In. .206
Ex. .212

Valve Lift 1.6
In. .512
Ex. .520

Lobe Lift
In. .320
Ex. .325

RPM
1200 - 5200

LSA

RV and tow applications * Good low-end * 8:1+ compression, intake, headers, gears (for better performance) * Stock stall * Noticeable idle

and this is where it should went in

5.2 magnum - year 2001
stock heads with huges springs HUG 1110 (Portmatched to Edelbrock Magnum Intake Gaskets)
(maybe i will give them a clean up and a slight Port and Bowl job)
CR 9.0:1
long tube Headers
Stock converter
rear 3.91
tire 26.1
weight 3050 lbs

the price of these cams is very hot - especially as i have to add shipping costs to germany and approx 20% for customs and taxes....

so it makes a big difference buying a cam for 150 USD or 300 USD or maybe 400 USD

With such a light weight car,I would stick to a milder grind,like the second posted. I personally would try the cam/new combination first.(Port the heads possibly in the future,the .100" -.400" ramp rise on the hydraulic rollers cams,really work well with stock Magnum heads(on a budget built engine..Thanks, for buying good valve springs...)

I'm about to use a cam with very similar specs to the first one in the wife's 67 Cuda. 360/904/3.23, 26 inch tires. Hyd. roller from Lunati. It ought to be fun. It's weight is under 3000lbs.

With stock converter definitely the second one. Are you planning to use LA timing cover or Magnum?

would be completely dressed up like an early LA - so i will use LA timing cover, water pump...etc...

i know i would need a snout extension for the mech. fuel pump then..

I dont understand the use of more lift/duration on exhaust? We sell magnum hydraulic rollers but dont bump up exhaust, specially on mild engines, they have plenty of exhaust with same lift. Our stage II cam is for injection but has .525" lift w1.6 and duration at .050 210 deg. 114 LSA for computer but it would work at 110 LSA as well.

I think Hughes might do larger exhaust lift too but I prefer the same on smaller cams. Exhaust only needs to flow 70% of intake and the magnums have great exhaust. Just my $.02

Please tell us how this works out.

I have a Roller LA project that my get Magnum heads, and your choice looks like a good bump from the stock Magnum 5.2 grind without getting too radical.

Please tell us how this works out.

I have a Roller LA project that my get Magnum heads, and your choice looks like a good bump from the stock Magnum 5.2 grind without getting too radical.

made the first start up and test drive last Weekend.... Jesus Christ on a bike, the thing pulls much stronger than expected..... still a lot of work to do, as the carb (600cfm Holley) is fucked up (those Things may happen when buying used parts, but nothing a bit of time and a rebuild kit cldn´t cure), also blown a header gasket and the oilpan gasket (several LA and Magnum pieces) is leaking. Just orded new Fel-pro-gasket for the oil pan and the headers to fix that.

but as far as i can say now... best and cheapest way to put more fun in your A-body
Spinning wheels by command whenever stomping on the loud pedal :blob: and you don´t have to invest thousends of Dollars (in my case Euros) to get a funny street car.

okay ... enough euphoria... time to get serious and ask more questions...

i will have 3 carbs which are on the shelf here now... which one would you tend to ?

- 600cfm Holley
- 750cfm Holley
- 625cfm Road Demon

thanks

That was the smaller 512/520 cam?

Glad to hear it! I was wandering. Were you able to use the stock push rods? I would pick the small Holley, 570 on my teener and runs real good.

made the first start up and test drive last Weekend.... Jesus Christ on a bike, the thing pulls much stronger than expected..... still a lot of work to do, as the carb (600cfm Holley) is fucked up (those Things may happen when buying used parts, but nothing a bit of time and a rebuild kit cldn´t cure), also blown a gasket and the oilpan gasket (several LA and Magnum pieces) is leaking. Just orded new Fel-pro-gasket for the oil pan and the headers to fix that.

but as far as i can say know... best and cheapest way to put more fun in your A-body
Spinning wheels by command whenever stomping on the loud pedal :blob: and you don´t have to invest thousends of Dollars (in my case Euros) to get a funny street car.

okay ... enough euphoria... time to get serious and ask more questions...

i will have 3 carbs which are on the shelf here now... which one would you tend to ?

- 600cfm Holley
- 750cfm Holley
- 625cfm Road Demon

thanks

That's great to hear.Thinking either the 600 Holley,or the 625 Road Demon.Glad you're happy with it.

-
Back