which camshaft are you using in your stroker machines

-

Barracuda_v8

Reaction score
Looking for a roller to my 408 stroker. So which camshaft are you using in your strokers?

I use a small solid roller from Comp Cams, XR286R, 248/254 duration, .576/.582 lift. I drive my car on the street a lot, and this cam in my combo makes a TON of torque and pulls well over 6500 RPM. I am going to be switching to something a little bigger in the near future (a little over 260° duration)....but cam selection really depends on what you want your car to do.

So which is it, race only, street, or a blend of both?

I use a small solid roller from Comp Cams, XR286R, 248/254 duration, .576/.582 lift. I drive my car on the street a lot, and this cam in my combo makes a TON of torque and pulls well over 6500 RPM. I am going to be switching to something a little bigger in the near future (a little over 260° duration)....but cam selection really depends on what you want your car to do.

So which is it, race only, street, or a blend of both?

It will drive maybe 50 runs on the strip and rest of the year on the street. What do you
think hydraulic or solid? I have been looking on a hydraulic that has 235 241 0,50 and 530 lift plus little extra with my 1,6 rocker. And another one that has 241 248 0,50 and lifts 550.

I am running a lunati hyd. roller 280ish duration, 550-534 lift @.050. Cam idles great and pulls good to around 6500 rpm. First roller for me and I dont want to go back to another flat tappet.

I am running a lunati hyd. roller 280ish duration, 550-534 lift @.050. Cam idles great and pulls good to around 6500 rpm. First roller for me and I dont want to go back to another flat tappet.

What is the 050 duration on that cam? What are you using it for street/strip?

I am running the XE285HL, 241/247 duration @ 50, 545 lift 110 cl. It is a hydraulic ft, I love the cam, pulls great, idles well and sounds awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLo55QWgiLQ"]Open header stroker valiant - YouTube[/ame]
Here is a video of it open headder, there are muffled videos as well.

Sorry I am not at home or I could give you the specs, but I am currently out of country but if my memory serves me right I think it is around 234 @ .050. I am using it for street application, but will some day take it too the track.

Is it a street/strip car?

Mostly street car. I have a 3500 stall on an 9 inch convertor and it is actually easy to drive on the street. It trapped at about 119 mph if I remember correctly, but I do not remember my ET. I wish I would have went solid instead of a Hydraulic.

Mostly street car. I have a 3500 stall on an 9 inch convertor and it is actually easy to drive on the street. It trapped at about 119 mph if I remember correctly, but I do not remember my ET. I wish I would have went solid instead of a Hydraulic.

why do you wish you went solid instead?

-
Back