which carb for the super six?

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering if i should run the actual super six carter two bbl that came with the set up or running a carter 2bbl off a 318 the super six carb number is 2543 and the other is 2361 let me know what you guys think thanks!

IMHO the biggest limit you have for a daily driver is the cam. smog cams started to be put in ALL engines in the early 70s. a cam with 268 degree duration an .430" lift. gets 20 HP in chrysler 413. and is very streetable. and mostly needs no re tuning. should be good in / 6. just my idea. i did a 318 2 bbl mod to slant 6 in a 64 dart. worked out real good.

Actually, there are a lot of reasons to use the super six carb. Subtle differences make it ideal for the six, smaller venturis, different pump cam profile, and Teflon coated shafts. The 318 carb works, the super six carb works better

IMHO the biggest limit you have for a daily driver is the cam. smog cams started to be put in ALL engines in the early 70s. a cam with 268 degree duration an .430" lift. gets 20 HP in chrysler 413. and is very streetable. and mostly needs no re tuning. should be good in / 6. just my idea. i did a 318 2 bbl mod to slant 6 in a 64 dart. worked out real good.
The stock /6 cam's lift increased to around .410" in 1971 (I think that was the year). So the later cam is actually desirable over the early ones with a .375" lift. And Doug Dutra (Doctor Dodge on www.slantsix.org) sells a pair of 264 duration, .435" lift mechanical lifter cams for use with stock valve springs that you can get with either 112 degree lode separation (lowest RPM range) or 110 lobe separation (medium RPM's, better for a 2 BBL). I have one and it does indeed improve torque up to a 3-4 thousand RPM, which is great for daily driving.

yup your right the 318 carb wont let me reach a good idle it idles really high looks you win!!! =)

The Super Six BBD also has a curved PCV port tube, That's one way to ID one.

Also, I think for sure the tops of the super 6 carbs also are not round., there is a flat spot on the back of the top opening. I have an extra super 6 carb.....probably needs to be gone through.

I have one or two decent BBD 2 barrel cores if you need one.

-
Back