Which comes 1st?

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
What gets loosened 1st? I'm swapping a 360 setup duster to duster. Kframe n headers too. I'm thinking loosen/undo the headers, undo motor mounts, distributor n etc. Then lift it out with trans attached. Do the headers need to go back in 1st? I know what to do with the kframe. Engine bay is being painted with build car.. So, i'm just trying to figure out the easier/right way to get headers in with out scratching the new paint that i'm planning.

thats the way i would do it-I would put the headers back in carefully first then get them out of the way as best you can for reinstallation of the motor.that way your not trying to squeeze the headers down between the 360 and the fenderwells.

I agree. Get a freind for this operation to hold the drivers side header. Or wire it up. Once the engine sits down into the K-frame, the cars height will lower as well and the headers collector may take a beating.
Use plenty of towels or bed blankets to cover the new paint on the sides and fire wall.

If you have a good cherry-picker, and you're changing out the K-Frame, why not do it like Ma Mopar did lift the car OFF the engine and suspension, then lower the next car ONTO the whole shebang. That way you won't need to remove anything, not even the headers. :) Unfaster the upper control arms, shocks, remove torsion bars, and you're good to go.

or you can lay moving blankets in the engine bay on both sides and have 2-3 friends help hold/move things as 1 person lowers the whole thing into place.

-
Back