Which do you like best?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
-
manual is the way to go. not only does it make the crappiest of 4cyls seem not that bad it makes you a better driver.(you pay more attention to what your doing) It just down right fun to drive.

4-speeds rule! I converted my convertible '67 Cuda, my (ex) '67 Notchback, and I'll be doing the same to my upcoming '69 Dart project soon. How about...

1. Unlimited "stall speed"
2. Less H.P. draw off the engine
3. Able to get better mileage....doing 1st-to-4th. (Ever been 50 miles from home with a 1/8 of a tank?)
4. More rare
5. More manly......(my sons tell me that there is now a sizable chunk of high school age males who can't drive a stick!!)
6. More cool (when in high school, me and my friends would purposely do a little "reverse gear grind" when backing into the local hamburger stand, just to let everyone know)
7. Less taxing on the engine's cooling system (radiator trans cooler)
8. Less chance of getting stranded from a trans problem.
9. Dead battery?.....usually able to push start, unless you left lights on until battery's stone dead.
10. Makes car worth more......kinda like "more rare".
11. Makes driving less boring.
12. Makes you feel like a crazy old-school mo' fo'.......like driving a straight axle gasser or something.
13. Chickys like guys who drive stick more than the "auto guys"......able to "flex your guns" on every shift. Go sleeveless, and you're now an instant bad-***.:naka:

I have a 3 speed slap shift auto so i just put manual. I know its different but i can drive both. Its just more fun knowing your in control.

Dunno if its been written already.

A real drivers car has 3 pedals ;)

-
Back