Which EFI to use

-

sixty9xtc

Reaction score
I am looking at going to efi on my Dart. Was checking out the FAST EFI 30227 kit or the Holley Avenger EFI 550-401. Any advice would be appreciative.

Don't know about the holley but just installed the fast system. I LIKE IT. Check out my car Pictures 1973 Duster-Oregon.

I have the Fast EZ EFI system...I like it alot....I looked at the MSD system, nice system, but after doing a little research found out that most people still ended up having to run a return line for fuel....Also I looked at the fact that the Fast system uses GM style sensors so they're readily available at parts stores (very high priority to me cause I don't live in the U.S ) as oppose to MSD you would have to send the whole throttle body back to get any repairs if need be, but you can control timing if you're running a MSD ignition system...I didn't do much research into the Holley system.....Also if you run the FAST system make sure you hook up the switch +12v wire, pink I think, to a good source!!!! Found out the hard way when I didn't , so I hook mine to a toggle switch.....

Why not go with a TPI system? Like the FAST XFI? Sure it is more $$ and you need to tune it but.......it is a TPI system. TBI was more or less the first generation of FI. For that matter, if you up to the challenge how about a Mega Squirt system similar to what Louis is going to use with his TT set up?

Honestly I were to start over, I'd use a newer motor (hopefully one with direct injection) so I can run factory EFI (looks cleaner to me)

Powerjection III i have yet to put it on the road but starts and idels fine. alot less wires showing than all the other systems plus you can run boost on it also

You didn't bother to tell us what engine you have. MPFI is better for mileage, driveability, and low emissions than throttle bodies like you are considering. However, not many multi-port manifolds available for Mopar engines. Personally, I like to roll my own, so if I bought a kit I would go with Howell Engineering or such. I like the idea of re-using factory parts, since cheap, clever, and helps the planet, plus many find that high dollar after-market parts are not always well engineered, though most rave about FAST EFI. I guess after spending ~$2K they must say it works great.

I bought my EZ Efi Master Kit for $1700+ with everything. The fuel line they provide sucks *** and is junk. The pump burnt up because of internal rupture of the line from having to for the fitting on. Long story short I bought my own line and fittings and went to an in-tank pump of my design in the end. They did however take my old pump back for a refund and have been very gracious to any problem ive encounter help. It works like it should and my car runs better/stronger than before and does use less fuel. One the thing they require is at least 8lbs of vaccuum signal at idle. As well as a good charging system.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am running a mild cammed 360 with 2.02/1.60 valve heads. Getting ready to switch over to an eddlebrock performer rpm air gap intake.

-
Back