Votes: 54 18.4%
  • Viper 8.2L V10

Votes: 77 26.2%
  • Old School 440

Votes: 163 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I voted 440 but I don't get the whole rusty piece of **** look.

Think about a really fun restored car, now drive that car to a packed grocery store and go inside... you're a nervous wreck!! But wrap that performance in a shell with a few blemishes and it's a ton of fun!

Think about a really fun restored car, now drive that car to a packed grocery store and go inside... you're a nervous wreck!! But wrap that performance in a shell with a few blemishes and it's a ton of fun!

I'm glad someone get's it....

BUT! if it was mine,
used Nascar R5P7 for around $8k and find a circle track stick trans, quick change rear end and now you have a jaw dropper! Just my thoughts

I'm planning this with my '64 D100 stepside. Gathering up engine parts to build an R5 now. Can't really decide what kind of suspension to go with it though. I was also thinking about getting an old 50's hemi and doing like a 60's hotrod truck but R5's are cheaper for me.

I vote V-10. New hemi is done way too much for me to want to do it.

-Forrest

Great looking old truck. Stoke a 440 into a 512 and put some serious power to them tires.

Thinking outside the box here... you see these 60's custom jobs that had had v8 ' s side by side... now to my idea, how do you put 2 slants side by side???? Lol

I'm all about off the wall. I like the poly idea. What about first gen hemi. Another idea is a css/hpp tribute.

Thinking outside the box here... you see these 60's custom jobs that had had v8 ' s side by side... now to my idea, how do you put 2 slants side by side???? Lol I'm all about off the wall. I like the poly idea. What about first gen hemi. Another idea is a css/hpp tribute.
dude! I like the idea of two 6's side by side! Especially supercharged!

I've got an awesome idea!!!!! How about a 350 Chevy?? Four bolt main of course..

Tincup,
I know your work is off the wall nice.
But an old school 1st gen Hemi would be sweet.
Body looks decent, but I have had quite a few of these trucks and the cab floors and rockers are normally very bad, while the outer body is decent.
Plenty of room under the hood for any engine.

I thought I saw you over at sweptline... some of the old farts wont take kindly to "messing" up a perfectly nice truck. Just kidding. 8) Leave the paint, new suspension and a monster engine. There is room for anything!

I have got to go with the great ol 440 under the hood :coffee2: if it was me :-D
Loven that truck :cheers:

440 would be easiest swap. cheaper in the long run. less $$$ more HP. aluminum heads $1500. no special fabrication i'm sure K frame will take a 440 without much work. what engine is in it now?

viper engine you can get 1000hp easily but gonna cost big $$$

newgen swap is lots of twerkin around, double the time alloted for fab & fit

-
Back