Which ET Calculator/Weather Station do you suggest

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
I want to start looking for a ET calculator/weather station and I wanted to see what you guys are using.... let me know the good and the bad.

I've been tracking weather using the drag times website when we do multi day events but I think a personal unit would be best.

I have a weather station now that I can use to calculate DA but its time to go to the next step.

Thanks Guys!

I use this website with my phone, just look up your track: http://airdensityonline.com/tracks/

I use that, along with my log book I got free from Jegs. Once you make enough laps with the car and accumulate some data, you will know what to do for most weather conditions. I have enough data and my car is consistent and predictable enough that I don't even really need time runs, but 1 time shot is nice to have for peace of mind.

So, I guess you could say that I see no need for a 400-800 dollar weather station personally, but some folks like them. I would rather spend my money elsewhere...JMO.

I gotcha, thanks for the link. The only time I've wished I had something was when you run TT's on Saturday and start Elims first thing Sunday morning.

Wind alone plays a huge factor in our truck... if the wind shifts to a head wind then we loose a tenth and 2 mph. Last weekend we were 4 hrs between rounds and I'm sure if I could have tracked the DA I would have been able to be much closer... the drag times site didn't have the track we were at..

I figure you can never have enough information on hand...

I took fishes advice and use the same airdensity also -steve

i bought an Altronics trailer based weather station. Requires a laptop and has a remote wireless unit that mounts in the car for instant update.... I just have to pick it up one of these days.

-
Back