which fan

-

SR77

Reaction score
wasn't sure where to put this, trying to decide on which fan to go with, oem mechanical, aftermarket mechanical (flexlite), electric. I have no shroud on it now, if i stick with mechanical its getting a universal shroud.

I mostly do cruises and a couple times stuck in traffic its gotten a little hot. its a 408 with a 727 and a griffon radiator if that helps any.

How big is the radiator? I am going with a Chevy HHR electric fan. $53 new shipped on ebay. Google HHR fan, lots of people running them, they seem to work well if everything else is in order.

Attachments

• 8110174-HHRFan.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 102
I tried a flex-type fan on my little 366, with a 26" A/C,shouded rad(extracted from a 73 Dart). It didnt like it.I also tried several different small diameter 5 to 7blade fans,on viscous clutches. Only the 7 blade fan,directly driven worked.
What also did work was a FORD thermostatic clutch and an OEM Mopar 7 blade steel fan, with the heavily curled tips.Since it worked right off, I didnt try anything else. I run 200ish *F at the stat house,full-time. Always have. Its rock steady.

-
Back