Which flexplate?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I'm just about to install a new conveter I bought from Dynamic and noticed the bolt pattern is different than the existing converter. The old one has a 11 1/8" pattern with 5/16" bolts. The new one is 10" with 7/16" bolts. Is there a stock flexplate that'll work with this aftermarket converter, or do I need to buy an aftermarket flexpate???

Engine is a '68 340 w/ forged crank and I noticed there are 6 bolts holding the flexplate on the crank. Trans is a 727 if that matters.

Thanks guys.

Thank you dgibby, that was the one I was looking for in the first place. Knew I'd seen it somewhere, just looked in the wrong place first...

ARP has the 7/16s converter bolts available.

Wrong information.

I had the same problem and ended up going with this one. Mock it up first and mark it for easy installation. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Chrys...lite-Torque-Converter-Flexplate-/330437437545

You're the man. Thanks. How did that flexplate end up working for you anyway? What did you do for bolts?

I am glad you got the correct link for this issue.

You're the man. Thanks.How did that flexplate end up working for you anyway? What did you do for bolts?

Worked out great with my 340/727. Bolts were a pain... 7/16 fine thread. Found some longer ones and ground them down. Maybe it was just me, but it took forever to figure out the bolt pattern to match it to the converter then it was a bit tight bolting it up in the car. I seem to always have that one bolt that fights you all the way!

lay flexplate on converter before installing...line up holes....paint one of the lugs with flexplate on it...install flexplate ...install transmission...line up painted areas....bingo..

one thing to remember those converter bolts have a thin head so they do not hit the back of the engine...the ARP converter bolts are the best..

"lay flexplate on converter before installing...line up holes....paint one of the lugs with flexplate on it...install flexplate ...install transmission...line up painted areas....bingo.."

Yep, that what I did, seemed so simple but for whatever reason took forever for me to match the bolt pattern...

-
Back