Which grille looks better?

-

MoparDart68

Reaction score
I'm going to repaint the grille on my Dart. The flat black has become a bit faded in spots, so I would like to throw on a fresh coat. Now, since I will be painting it anyway, I was thinking about changing the color scheme. After looking at various Dart's on the internet, I've narrowed my choice down to one (bottom photo)--this is a paintbrush mock up I made on my computer. So, what do you think? Should I go with this new color scheme, or keep it original (top photo)?

dart grill old.jpg

dart grill new.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, GTX. A little paint thinner is all I would need to get the chrome back.

I like to have some black and silver in my grills. I thik it helps to add depth to them and makes them pop out at you a little. So I say go with #2.

#2 look at it and the wheel /tire combo. If you take both into consideration it looks really cool that way. I have been toying with the same general idea on my 69 Valiant grille

Wow, thanks for all the responses. Looks like FABO has decided for me. Volare, are you referring to vertical piece in the center of the grille, usually found on the GTS style?

Finally painted the grille...

Attachments

• Dart 1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Dart 4.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Dart 5.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 100
  • dart 7.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 105
-
Back