which header coating

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I am ready to order a set of tti headers and not sure which coating to get? The C1-nickel or C2-ceramic, what do you think?

I have used and installed close to 20 sets and everyone were ceramic. The ones I see still look like the day they were installed.Nickel/chrome will discolor (like Harley pipes) after a short time. Just my 2 cents.

I am ready to order a set of tti headers and not sure which coating to get? The C1-nickel or C2-ceramic, what do you think?

Hey 67:

Unless this is a show car that will not be run, chrome and or nickel plating is a waste of time and money for ANY exhaust product. Ceramic Coating is much more appropriate and will offer performance and thermal advantages.

With Ceramic Coating you'll need to determine usage as well. Normally aspirated engines, tuned so that they’re not running too lean or too fat are usually fine with Bright Ceramic Coatings. Anything outside of that is best suited for the high temp Ceramic Coatings that are rated at 2000F+. We run these on 3500 HP +, turbo shootout cars with no problem….

It's also good to change the engine/trans isolator mounts for the best fit.The first few sets there were clearance issues only to find weak/soft mounts to be the cause of the fitment issues. Just a thought.......

Ceramic , after 2 years they still look new , the chrome headers they replaced were blued and discoloured after a few months driving . If it's a show car chrome , if you drive it ceramic

Get bare and use Eastwood header paint. This way you can do touch ups. The coatings wind up rusting and looking like crap.

-
Back