Which Headers?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I have a small block duster and a big block duster and the headers on my small block are more of a ***** to deal with than my 440 car. What headers do you guys use on your small block car? Mine hang pretty low also . Give me some ideas.

If you want a nice fitting ,good looking header that will perform and last.. go with tti's,pricey but you get what you pay for..

Dougs and tti fit the best.

I have both and like the Dougs.

If it's a mild build either will work fine.

Dougs are very nice quality and usually a bit less expensive than tti.

It's another choice other than tti, for headers that don't drag the ground.

And before the tti contingent gets wound up, the difference between the two as far as performance ain't much. Unless it's a pretty stout 340-360, both will work fine. Over 450hp neither header performs better than some others that don't fit as nice.

Yes but tti's are nickel plated..dougs are natural finish..just another reason i bought tti's..

For the love of God, please make all the header threads go away!!! ;-)

Crackedback & 340srule,let's get this over with. I am going to rent two of those big rubber Sumo bodysuits, fill 'em up with air and let you two go at it. ;-)

For the love of God, please make all the header threads go away!!! ;-)

Crackedback & 340srule,let's get this over with. I am going to rent two of those big rubber Sumo bodysuits, fill 'em up with air and let you two go at it. ;-)

What!!!...smallblock asked a question which headers to buy,just giving him some input..problem??...

Boy, it kind of takes away from the humor of it all having to explain it but it's a reference to the back and forth between you guys on TTIs whenever a header thread comes up.

As for a problem ... if there were no winky faces in my post, then yes but since there are two, I will have to go with no. Also, I think that the mention of Sumo/wrestling bodysuits kind of lends itself to a light-hearted post, don't you think?

Relax ... take a deep breath ... have a beer ... enjoy the upcoming weekend. ;-)

Yes but tti's are nickel plated..dougs are natural finish..just another reason i bought tti's..

This is not correct... Dougs ceramic coated are $130 less than tti ceramic and $100 less than the nickles.

D453 = ceramic coated $529
D453-R = plain finish $389

Both prices from summit.

Please provide accurate information, that's all I ask.

Boy, it kind of takes away from the humor of it all having to explain it but it's a reference to the back and forth between you guys on TTIs whenever a header thread comes up.

As for a problem ... if there were no winky faces in my post, then yes but since there are two, I will have to go with no. Also, I think that the mention of Sumo/wrestling bodysuits kind of lends itself to a light-hearted post, don't you think?

Relax ... take a deep breath ... have a beer ... enjoy the upcoming weekend. ;-)

No sweat here...

Since I have BOTH brands that fit nicely, maybe I have some insight into what the differences are between brands that someone that hasn't couldn't answer. Along with experience with hookers, hedmans, blackjacks, etc.

The sumo idea was very funny. :-D

This is not correct... Dougs ceramic coated are $130 less than tti ceramic and $100 less than the nickles.

Both prices from summit.

my nickle chrome tti's were $499. but that was a couple years ago.

my nickle chrome tti's were $499. but that was a couple years ago.

From the tti site:
625 nickel
660 for ceramic
689 ceramic polished -which is actually similar to the dougs finish

HAHA...nice.

No budget was mentioned here so I would have to agree with TTI's being best for clearance.

Both prices from summit.

re-read what i typed,TTI'S COME NICKLE PLATED!!..DOUGS ARE RAW STEEL!!!,unless you buy the coated of both brands,and of coarse tti's are more ,everything in life that is better is more!!!

re-read what i typed,TTI'S COME NICKLE PLATED!!..DOUGS ARE RAW STEEL!!!,unless you buy the coated of both brands,and of coarse tti's are more ,everything in life that is better is more!!!

Whatever you gasbag.

And you think a nickle set of dougs, if offered, wouldn't be less expensive than nickel tti. They ALSO come ceramic coated for less than the cheapest tti. Damn boy you're dense. This is where your *** shows. :bootysha:

Another thread where the ever wonderful 340rules steps up with bad data and then tries to backtrack. This is fun. And you wonder why you've been banned from some sites, :-\"

To the OP, you have a few choices that are good fits and don't drag the ground. At least you are informed at this point about what's out there.

Good night I'm done.

Whatever you gasbag.

And you think a nickle set of dougs, if offered, wouldn't be less expensive than nickel tti. They ALSO come ceramic coated for less than the cheapest tti. Damn boy you're dense. This is where your *** shows. :bootysha:

Another thread where the ever wonderful 340rules steps up with bad data and then tries to backtrack. This is fun. And you wonder why you've been banned from some sites, :-\"

To the OP, you have a few choices that are good fits and don't drag the ground. At least you are informed at this point about what's out there.

Good night I'm done.

Thats it lower yourself to name calling,whats the matter you got proved wrong?? we're not talking price we're talking better quailty,and tti's have it all over dougs..you seem to always have negative things to say about tti's in every thread about headers whats the matter you can't afford a set ,so next best thing is to bad-mouth them...so sad so sad...

Thats it lower yourself to name calling,whats the matter you got proved wrong?? we're not talking price we're talking better quailty,and tti's have it all over dougs..you seem to always have negative things to say about tti's in every thread about headers whats the matter you can't afford a set ,so next best thing is to bad-mouth them...so sad so sad...

Nope

How many sets of Dougs have you owned?

You've likely NEVER seen a set of Dougs for a SB a body. They are every bit as good as tti for fit, finish, weld quality.

I have two sets of tti's, one set of dougs, two set of hooker SC's, two hedman hustlers, one set of custom built... tti are nice headers as long as you use them in an appropriate arena. I'm not blinded by the fake tti aura like you are, that's all.

You are the one comparing apples to oranges... raw vs. nickle, pretty dense if you ask me. My 9 year old nephew could tell you that's not a valid comparison. A valid comparison would be ceramic v. ceramic, but that doesn't fit YOUR agenda... now does it.

I call it like I see it and you are a stubborn gasbag that's pretty dense. Truth hurts huh... You must be the dusterboy15 of the east coast. :-D

Nope

How many sets of Dougs have you owned?

You've likely NEVER seen a set of Dougs for a SB a body. They are every bit as good as tti for fit, finish, weld quality.

I have two sets of tti's, one set of dougs, two set of hooker SC's, two hedman hustlers, one set of custom built... tti are nice headers as long as you use them in an appropriate arena. I'm not blinded by the fake tti aura like you are, that's all.

You are the one comparing apples to oranges... raw vs. nickle, pretty dense if you ask me. My 9 year old nephew could tell you that's not a valid comparison. A valid comparison would be ceramic v. ceramic, but that doesn't fit YOUR agenda... now does it.

I call it like I see it and you are a stubborn gasbag that's pretty dense. Truth hurts huh... You must be the dusterboy15 of the east coast. :-D

You call them like you see them,obviously you've never seen me because if you had you'd be running like a little schoolgirl in the other direction airhead!!! you must be from the westcoast not to many brain cells out that way...:thebirdm:

You call them like you see them,obviously you've never seen me because if you had you'd be running like a little schoolgirl in the other direction airhead!!! you must be from the westcoast not to many brain cells out that way...:thebirdm:

Ahhh yes... at least this "airhead" can support a point with FACTS...

More pertinent information to support your position.

Thanks for proving my point.

As stated there are two choice for a decent fitting header, one more expensive tti, one less expensive Dougs.

After all the humor i think i have the drift on what i need when i get the funds. You guys are funny, but thanks...I think.

Ahhh yes... at least this "airhead" can support a point with FACTS...

More pertinent information to support your position.

Thanks for proving my point.

As stated there are two choice for a decent fitting header, one more expensive tti, one less expensive Dougs.

You've proven nothing,**** for brains...

You've proven nothing,**** for brains...

Thanks for the laugh... proven more than you know.

SB you got the answers you need to make an intelligent choice that fits your parameters. Good luck with the car. This place is always good for a laugh.

Not like you're any better. What?! You think that just because you didn't resort to name calling makes you any better? We've all seen the type of trolling you do here. Don't sell yourself out to be an angel because you're not. And just because you're a 268 lb fatass doesn't give you the right to be an arrogant prick. :thefinge:

-
Back