Which heads?

-

Flipper Wendt

BBDuster
Reaction score
I have a line on some stage VI P heads for a 440. Anybody have any luck with these or know someone that has used these heads? The motor is typical 440 that will see some track time and some street. I have some older iron stage IV??? heads that seem to work, I will be going with either a .590 or .620 purple shaft. 1972 Duster with a 727 auto, 4:10 dana ladder bars,,, what do you guys think, I know that the heads are older and they have much better ones on the market, but... $$$$ if you know what I mean, thanks much8)

I have a line on some stage VI P heads for a 440. Anybody have any luck with these or know someone that has used these heads? The motor is typical 440 that will see some track time and some street. I have some older iron stage IV??? heads that seem to work, I will be going with either a .590 or .620 purple shaft. 1972 Duster with a 727 auto, 4:10 dana ladder bars,,, what do you guys think, I know that the heads are older and they have much better ones on the market, but... $$$$ if you know what I mean, thanks much8)

I did run with stage6 heads last season. Really great heads. Used the .590 purpleshaft and harlandsharp 1.6 rockera. And dual comp valve springs(dont remember the number on the springs). The block was standard but with 10,5:1 pistons. Didn't get the opportunity the test the car at the track. But à friend. Did run a similar setup but with the stage 5 iron heads. And Thatcher engine made 672hp onthe dyno.

-
Back