Which Hood Scoop???

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
OK Lets hear what you guys think about either a hemi dart scoop or a six-pack scoop on my '74 swinger?

If I go with the hemi scoop should it be black or body color? (Beige)

If I go with the six pack scoop should the hood be black or body color? (beige)

I truly can't decide. if you can send me some pictures that would be nice!

hemi all the way...

Attachments

• 101_4292.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 521
  • 101_4293.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 500
just imput, but it would look nice either way with either scoop, one of those, "hey you can't go wrong there" situations

don't know how to get the pic here but,if you search for my post, "finally got a pic up",you'll see my 74 with a pro stock snorkel and a six pack scoop. hope this helps

Not a big fan of the snorkel on swingers, also won't do twin scoops those only belong on 70-72

Actually, Dodge started using the OEM twin snorkel-style scoop on '72 Demons, then '73 Dart Sports and possibly on '74 Sports also. It wasn't available on any other years in the Dodge line-up and Plymouth never had it as an OEM option on any car.

Actually, Dodge started using the OEM twin snorkel-style scoop on '72 Demons, then '73 Dart Sports and possibly on '74 Sports also. It wasn't available on any other years in the Dodge line-up and Plymouth never had it as an OEM option on any car.

thanks for the knowledge. I figured the snorkel was available on later year round backs. 70-72 swingers look good with the separate two scoops.

heres my 74 swinger with the six pack

Attachments

• 005 (Copy).JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 493
  • 004 (Copy).JPG
    126 KB · Views: 478
I think if I went with the hemi scoop, I would go black
if I went with the six-pack I would go body color. Now just which scoop to decide on.....

Is it just me, or does everyone remove their bumperettes on 73-76's? Personally i like mine. And yes I do know they add a couple pounds.

where did you get the hood the wife likes it and i have been wanting one that fit?

Actually I bought it used at the Mopar Nationals around 1990. It has a tag on the underside, I'll check and see who made it. It is, just for your information a lift off design. It's held in place with dezuse fasteners and 2 hood pins.

Now the question is.... should I go with a metal hood or fiberglass???

Okay guys,

A few of you wanted to know where I got my six pack hood. I bought this hood used at the Mopar Nationals around 1990. I did look at the under side of the hood and found that it was made by U.S. Body Source. Additionally some of you were asking about the placement of my hood pins. I have included pics with the measurements in the photos. I hope that this helps.

Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_1330 (Medium).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1329 (Medium).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1328 (Medium).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1326 (Medium).JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1325 (Medium).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1324 (Medium).JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1323 (Medium).JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1322 (Medium).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1321 (Medium).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 396
Okay here a couple more pics that wouldn't fit on the last post.

Attachments

• IMG_1331 (Medium).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1332 (Medium).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 314
dupe posting deleted. Looking at your car again I am really glad that I picked this hood. Hope it looks as good on the fish as it does on your rod.

BTW, how was the fit on your hood? The website says they may need some trimming. Did you ise Dsus fastenerds in the middle to keep the hood flush with the fenders and eliminate buldge?

Just run hoodless cause then you caint screw it up with sumthin stupid lookin.

-
Back