• 915Casting 2.02 Int.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
-

Dana

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Going together with a new mill for my 3/4 dodge. I will be driving regularly, towing 8k-9k. 408 cu.in. 9.5:1, 230/234@ .050, aprox. .495 lift, 112 lobe sep. 518 trans. I already have 2 sets of 915 heads done, One has the 1.88 intake the other has the 2.02. The truck will never see anything over 6000 rpm. Just like to get your opinions. Based on theory or experience. Thanks

I’ve got 1.88 in my 72 360 d100 and it does it’s job well.

Jake

Contrary to popular belief, the bigger valves add power everywhere, not just in the higher RPM bands. Jim LaRoy will tell you the same.

Dana; my opinion ---- Too much cam, too much compression, and hi-test costs too much money. It would make a real nice street toy.

Dana; my opinion ---- Too much cam, too much compression, and hi-test costs too much money. It would make a real nice street toy.

What does too much cam and too much compression have to do with valve sizes?

What does too much cam and too much compression have to do with valve sizes?

I should have said ''Too much cam, too much compression, and hi-test costs too much money for a truck used for towing".

For a street toy I'd go with the 2.02 valves.

For towing I'd go with 8.5 comp. and a medium RV cam and the 1.88 valves. Or better yet, a Cummins.

If you have the 202's already I would use them, especially if the heads are all in the same condition. Or you could have the best of both and use one of each, one side 202 and the other the 188's.:poke:

If you have the 202's already I would use them, especially if the heads are all in the same condition. Or you could have the best of both and use one of each, one side 202 and the other the 188's.:poke:
Good thinkin, but which side would get the big valve??:D

For towing I'd go with 8.5 comp. and a medium RV cam and the 1.88 valves. Or better yet, a Cummins.
Bingo. If you're gonna go through the trouble to build a truck engine to do actual truck stuff, build a diesel. My powerstroke has spoiled me to the point that I have no desire to tow or haul with a gas engine ever again.

That said this engine is already built by the sounds of it and you should go with the 2.02 valve. If it were a stock stroke motor I'd say 1.88 but let's face it, strokers ad displacement without adding breathing capacity (ie. Slant sixes) so open her up and let her breath.

Also keep the high compression. Premium costs about the same as diesel and you'll have way better low end.

Last edited:
Drivers side of course, the added weight of the driver needs more torque on that side
I disagree, it should be on the passenger side to offer counter torque to help keep the car level and going straight at launch. It would be easier to lift both wheels that way instead of an easier time lifting one (driver side) sky high.
:lol:

I disagree, it should be on the passenger side to offer counter torque to help keep the car level and going straight at launch. It would be easier to lift both wheels that way instead of an easier time lifting one (driver side) sky high.
:lol:
I think that would mess up the handling and it would just spin in circles uncontrollably

-
Back