Which intake?

-

Guy0783

Reaction score
New guy here, going back thru the 318 in my new 67 Barracuda. Have it torn down to theblock right now. Had an Edelbrock TM1 Tarantula on it, but i got the stock 4bl with the car. Im thinking the stock intake may be what i should put back on it. What do you guys think?

318, stock heads at machine shop, xe256 cam, hooker super comp headers, 3spd A833, 3.23 8 3/4 rear. Driving around town, some on the highway kind of car, not planning on racing.

Thanks!

20190413_085934.jpg

20190503_082040.jpg

Go with the 360 cast iron intake and get an early, 71-74 small block Thermoquad. Better bottom end, better mpg, and better power. What carb do you have?

Depends on what carburetor you want to run, I see a Holley (1850?) so you would need an adapter. That stock intake is for a spread bore carburetor and are a decent piece, just heavy. I think a Performer (non RPM), Weiand Action Plus or stock would work well here.

FYI the 3 speed manual is not an A833. The A230 is a 3 speed manual, A833 is a 4 speed.

Put the stock iron 4 barrel on it. Will work great with your combo. It will pull better on the bottom end than that tarantula intake.

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the info on the tranny Dano. I dont know what numbers I looked up to come up with A833, but it sounds like an A230 isnt a bad unit.

What if i throw another option in the mix? Edelbrock 2176

Enough improvement over stock intake to justify a $250 investment?

I would look into buying a 625 street demon for a fresh new carb, thy are like $325 new.

Old iron seems like it might be the way to go, just feels weird switching from an Eddy aluminum to an oem. But it does sound like the 4100340/1 is a solid stock intake, and the TM1 definitely not what i need.

Ive been reading back through posts and the Weiand 8022 seems highly recommended too, although it lacks coil mounts. Eerily similar to the LD4B.

Ive been saying TM1, but its a TM5 that's on it now. I think I've decided on the Edelbrock 7176. Between the new cam, and intake the motor should be a lot happier.

-
Back