Which Intake?

-
Will there still be room for the Oil Slinger in there if I install a Dbl Roller Chain?
I probably won't need to as I really don't run to redline unless I'm on my bike...
I put a single roller in it last June.

20200919_224337.jpg

That all sounds good enough for now. Check real TDC against your timing marks. I have seen them off by more than 10 degrees. Or just keep advancing your timing and see what happens... A 273 with a manual transmission should run pretty good. Valve stem seals are probably long gone.

IIRC the Holley 1920 360 2bbl has a bigger airhorn than the other 2bbls so your 2bbl Carter dual snorkel air filter housing will not fit it, which, sucking hot underhood air, is no big deal anyhow.
The 2bbl single plain off a 71 Demon 318, as already stated and offered, is a great solution, with 302 heads.
The 1920 carb has a whole raft of problems that will likely take you several hours to work thru. But after that it will be gangbusters. Well it would be if your 273 needed it, or could figure out how to use it. The 1920 does not fit onto the demon intake as received. You would have to make it fit.

IIRC the Holley 1920 360 2bbl has a bigger airhorn than the other 2bbls so your 2bbl Carter dual snorkel air filter housing will not fit it, which, sucking hot underhood air, is no big deal anyhow.
The 2bbl single plain off a 71 Demon 318, as already stated and offered, is a great solution, with 302 heads.
The 1920 carb has a whole raft of problems that will likely take you several hours to work thru. But after that it will be gangbusters. Well it would be if your 273 needed it, or could figure out how to use it. The 1920 does not fit onto the demon intake as received. You would have to make it fit.

273's have the single plane 2 barrel intake from the factory.

IIRC, with a divider in the plenum. This is more of the same, but an open plenum and no hassle installation on the 302 castings.

-
Back