Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters
-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so my cousin wants a mopar but not a car.He wants to use it for mudding so it has to be 4x4.I told him I really don't know that much about mopar trucks except for the Plymouth Trail Duster and Dodge RamCharger.

Which is better the Dodge truck of the Plymouth truck.
He is going to use it to go mudding and he need a good aftermarket part supply.

are there any other 4x4 mopar trucks that are good mudding.
He is not looking for a newer truck so nothing newer the 1987

Don't really know if the Plymouth or Dodge is the better truck, but I had an '82 Ramcharger, and that thing was a tank! Never got stuck, and once I had to tow a Bronco out of a mud hole with it!

a trail duster and ram charger are the same damn thing with a different name plate i always thought.

B28438.jpg

930658.jpg

Like joe said.. Same vehicle.. Trailduster is alot harder to find..I love both of them have tons of memories of my dad taking us duck hunting in these trucks.. He worked at the local Dodge/Plymouth dealer and always got one of these trucks for a demo during hunting season..Looking back now I can't imagine doing that.

Probably better off finding a 94-99 ram 4 x 4...Easier to find and get parts for..

Same truck. Don't let him get a trailduster though, they are fairly rare. I've been looking for one around my parts for a while and can't find one. Even good ramchargers are getting hard to find. If its just for mudding just get an old pickup, easier to find and cheaper. If he wants more room go bronco or blazer, fairly cheap and You can build one of those out of a catalog there's so many parts available. Plus brand doesnt matter once you start changing front and rears and tcases and everything to handle more power ans bigger meats.

same exact truck different badging wow. buy an XJ cherokee and tear that up.there is so much more aftermarket crap for those

Hate to see ramcharger/traildusters get torn up, not to many left out here,....perhaps late 70's-mid 80,s short wheelbase ram pick-up, still plenty of parts and parts trucks avail on the cheap.

The Trail Duster and Ram Charger are the same truck, the Plymouth being very rare,similar to the Plymouth B Vans. I'd go with either one. The Trail Duster would have more cool points, of course but a good ole Power Wagon is a thought too. Those things are rugged as hell and geared to handle some business. A 61-71 with the Sweptline styling would be cool. Though jaimus has a point about them becoming harder to find.

Ram 2500 4 wheel drive with cummins diesel. amazing trucks.
when you tow stuff, it's like there is nothing there. i had a 2001 it got 19mpg highway.

Ram 2500 4 wheel drive with cummins diesel. amazing trucks.
when you tow stuff, it's like there is nothing there. i had a 2001 it got 19mpg highway.

Great trucks to be sure,...Out here the few that are at the pulls are always spankin the ferds and cheby's,.....Great for pullin,.not so sure about muddin and crawlin,...kinda big and heavy I would think, (read cumbersome)...especially long beds...although mine was great gettin me out of the woods during Irene...

Same truck, as to parts supply, you obviously have an internet connection start looking. What fits with what lift http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techar..._off_road_truck_tire_fitment_guide/index.html keep in mind that the bigger the rubber the easier things break. So if he you are talking 40's or so I hope he has deep enough pockets for a pair of axles and a t/case. And be real careful driving it on the street as the center of gravity is only one of the problems, big tired trucks don't stop for sh.t........

Hes not using it for street just wants something to play with Ill tell him what you said and see what he thinks.

-
Back