which is better??

-
anyone?? Need to know ASAP...as one of these will be making it's way into my garage...

The first one is out of a 2000 dodge ram 1500 with 98000kms...It is not running but had the heads changed under warranty

If it were me I'd get the 79 motor complete and sell the intake manifold (it's best suited to 318 heads)

Magnum stuff can be a hassle, and in my opinion the rocker gear and cylinder heads are inferior in many ways.

X2 .More compression, lighter rotation assembly,hyd roller cam(NO FLAT CAMS!).The stock truck mill,makes roughly 300-320 traditional horsepower. Intakes ,are a little pricier(160-260 new). Check out www.360Magnumswap.com.Answers all aspects.

you will spend roughly 30% more to build the magnum to the same horsepower spec as the LA engine. plus there's much much more available second hand performance gear for the LA engine

The F.I Magnums,DON'T WEAR,with the F.I. Mine has 150,000 on it. Crosshatch all bores,perfect. Pulled No.1 nain,No.1 rod .Beautiful. Just a better assembled/designed upgrade.

A stock 360 bolts ,right on. Nice choices. The cam,,needs some tuning,YOU NEED valve springs. 1110 Hughes,matching retainers .Not ,really an option there.

So no need to replace the oil pan?? Sorry I've never done engine work before and have been doing crazy amounts of reading and learning as I go....So I am going to get the guy to drop off the Magnum this week...

Is there anything I need to worry about with the engine?

I know I still need to purchase a rear end, and transmission....Anything else I should be looking for...I'm guessing best options for rear are a 8 3/4 and a 727 tranny

What cam would you suggest is best

so the guy said he was just going to swap it with his 5.2 but doesn't have the time as he moves in Sept and has no storage for it, at his new place...The second guy I posted the ad with the 360LA...Says don't bother with the Magnum casue they're junk...they are not an easy build...

I don't know what to do!! What do you guys suggest??

Is this absolutely necessary??? I have read the Magnumswap.com page and it never mentioned this.

THanks

-
Back