Which master cylinder to convert '65 Barracuda

-

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about converting my '65 Formula "S" to a duel master cylinder. Will one from a '67 A body work? This car has power brakes. Thanks.

Want a Raybestos part number? MC36221. Manual or power brake, 1" bore, which is the same bore as the single resovoir cylinder.

Fenco M1627..http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=9665&highlight=MAster Thats for manual conversion and a few M/C adapters to use a few of the original lines. Get yourself a disk/drum proportioning valve from a doner car or an adjustable. I did mine and ended up reusing the original 2 front lines from the new disk hoses to the prop valve and the original rear line, bent to fit the prop valve. all you need are the 2 new lines from the M/C to the prop valve. IF I were to do it again, I would get pre-fitted lines (1/2-20 and 9/16-18 inverted flare nut for the M/C and 1/2-20 and 7/16-18 for the prop valve) in about 24 inch length. 20 inches with 2 90's in it was almost a straight shot down with no wiggle room. Im still trying to bleed them, ill post about it, something is wrong...

-
Back