which master cylinder

-
ok, im leaning toward what inertia reccomended, the raybestos mc 36406, can i use the rod from my old mc?

ok, being confused as i am, im leaning toward inertia's reccomendation the raybestos mc 36406. can my old rod work with this mc? the mc looks period correct and from what i gather the 15/16 bore will make make it more enjoyable to drive. im not sure of the size rod thats in there now

ok, being confused as i am, im leaning toward inertia's reccomendation the raybestos mc 36406. can my old rod work with this mc? the mc looks period correct and from what i gather the 15/16 bore will make make it more enjoyable to drive. im not sure of the size rod thats in there now

Yes you can use the old pushrod..

I've found the easiest way to get the pushrod out,, is to undo the 4 M/C nuts at the firewall,, and pull the M/C away from the firewall,, block it away about an inch,, I use a screwdriver handle,, then go inside the car and pull the pedal back,, being careful not to pull it too far back as it may damage the brake lite switch..

The next way that works for me,, is place the pushrod in a vice with the M/C spaced sufficiently that you can get 2 levers/screwdrivers either side of the M/C,, and pry the M/C away from the rod., wish I had a pic,.. hope that makes sense..

Here's a pic,, I use 2 levers, one on each side,, but I had to use 1 hand to take the pic .. lol

hope it helps..

Attachments

• MCyl pushrod removal, Chris winch mount 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 207
  • MCyl pushrod removal, Chris winch mount 002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 191
Or you could simply remove the brake light switch,and pull back on the brake pedal.

Tug on it ,putting in a vise, vise grips, all for the novice.
I was there once. Then I learned how to do it right.
No muss no fuss,and the install is a breeze.

Something tells me if you can't do a simple brake light switch adjustment, you shouldn't be working on brakes. :(

Tug on it ,putting in a vise, vise grips, all for the novice.
I was there once. Then I learned how to do it right.No muss no fuss,and the install is a breeze.:(

Yes,, experience has it's price,, and forums certainly help short-cut that...

ain't the internet wonnnerfull.. lol

Just try it once, that's all I ask. You won't know how to act when it pops out :)

Im going to go ahead and order the RAYBESTOS MC36406 that inertia has been recommending.
Its for my '69 dart front disc rear drum manual brakes.
Seems to be the one I need. Ill let you all know how it turns out.

my 2 cents I tried 8 mail order venders including rockauto they show the correct photo and ship the wrong item !!!!
the only place where i got the correct cardone 1326(M) m/c was SUMMIT racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazzak5
I have had the same experience...took many tries to finally receive the correct (disc front drum rear) master for my 67 Barracuda. The pictures show one item but another with apparently the same part number as described but another unit sent. It was a tough find!

What master cylinder would be correct for a hemi dart clone car with K-H discs in front, B body Dana with manual brakes in the rear? Thanks.

-
Back