which motor mounts do i need?

-

steve-o

Reaction score
i have a 72 cuda. i am going from a 360 to a 383. as i understand it will fit in that k frame. however it looks like the motor mounts on the 383 are about an inch to an inch and a half farther back on the block making the motor sit an inch and a half forward. i am told i need to change the mounts to make it fit however i want to know why. and what mounts i would need. i was going to see if summit had something. i would like to buy the mounts new if possible. im just trying to see what i can learn. anybody with any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not positive but I don't think you'll find a factory mount that'll work cause big block and small block K members have the mounts located in a different spot. Schumacher Creative services makes sb to bb conversion kits. Here's a link to their conversion kit. It's the 2nd product down the page

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/70.74eBody.html#head1

.............I have the mounts u need.....[factory metal brackets and the biscuits]......$70.00 shipped 2 u............kim.......

all v8 e body k frames except hemi are the same, he doesnt need conversion mounts

the 66-72 BB bracket's are the one's you need. 73-up are spool style mount's. The bracket's Oldkimmer are offering is about the going price of these mount's. Good Luck

all v8 e body k frames except hemi are the same, he doesnt need conversion mounts
Not completely true but pretty close. Swapping in a 383 in place of a 360 will involve a whole boat load of parts but as far as the K-member is involved, you don't need to change it. You just need the engine mount brackets. Your rubber insulators are the same.

well i have the motor mounts that were on the motor in the other car. they look like they will line up. i just didn't know if there were mounts that would set the motor back an inch

all he needs are the stock 66-72 bb motor brackets, nothing more

thank you all for the responses. they have helped me very much. you have noo idea.i think i have a general idea as to what im going to do now

-
Back