Which motor mounts do I need?

-

Ivoryk3ys78

Reaction score
We are getting closer to putting the 408 in the Duster. My cousin mentioned that the 318 motor mounts are different then the 340 and 360. We looked at the two blocks and there is definitely a difference in the width on mounting to the block. I assumed I needed to buy the /6 conversion mount since this car was originally a /6 but measured the perch distance and it came to 20" so I believe that means it's a V8 K member. The guy that had the car before me had a 383 in it.

I figured I could just go on ebay and buy motor mounts but what I finding say fit 318/340 / 360 and I know the mounts on my 318 wont fit my 360. I am not sure what do order and I don't want to get the wrong mounts.

If any one is able to point me in the right direction that would be great.

You might be able to find what you need in the Mopar Classified ads here in the A body forum. Some guys have shimmed the mount to get it to fit, but for myself I got the right mount for my 360.

Those are the picture of the spool mounts which you wouldn't need unless you changed the K frame. The mounts you would need are flat and 2 pieces. Check with Year Ones website for the motor mounts. You'll see the different mounts that were used prior to 73.

The first order of business is to verify 100% which K frame you have and go from there.

We did measure across the top from perch to perch and that was 20". Not the 22 and 1/4 that the /6 would be.

That is what is says the measurements are on K-Member ID Chart

i seem to remember sectioning a motor mount in some dark past, to make it fit the narrower boss on a 360
i think

-
Back