Which of my door hinges is bad on my 65?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I've got my front driver's door off of my 65 Valiant 4 door. Because it doesn't stay open if you let go of it. It shuts back closed. It's annoying trying to work under the dash with the door closing on me all the time. I removed the door and it's sitting outside uncovered so I need to get it back on soon. Luckily all the interior is shot so I'm not worried about it getting wet or torn. It certainly won't sit for more than a week or so I hope. So I took the hinges off and was trying to figure out which one holds the door in the open position. I guess it's the bottom one. The top one just is a simple pin. The bottom one has a pin, some kind of plastic bushing and an S-spring. The plastic bushing appears to be the only piece worn out. But I don't see what holds the door open. Either of the pins have any play in them. I was hoping to be able to just fix the closing problem and bolt them back on. The plastic bushing is at the end of the S-spring but I can't follow it's function. How does this work?

plastic bushing? gonna need to see pics of this to help you. The detent mech is broken it sounds like.

Send me a PM

-
Back