Which one is bigger?

-

furyus2

Reaction score
On your small block, is the water pump pulley bigger than the crank pulley,or is the crank pulley bigger?

You will get a myriad of answers here.

1969 340. I have pulleys that line up fine, but my crank is smaller than my water pump. The crank measures 5 7/8 measuring outside diameter. The groove for p/s on the crank measures 6 5/8. The water pump measures 6 3/4. I also have a single groove crank pulley that is the same 5 7/8. Just wondering if the 340 had different pulley setup than 318.

on the truck side , the ones I have are the same dia. 1 to 1. for v belts mid 70's , so RRR is telling you what it is man. there all going to be different model year to model year. what are you looking for?

I have the pulleys described, I just need to know if that is correct, before I get it all assembled, and it over heats or whatever due to wrong pulleys. No A/C. just P/S

on the street
we run 1 to 1 ratio
or slightly above

on the track
No P/S
slow down the water pump, due to high RPM's of the crank

The 1st pic is 69 and under and the 2nd pic is 70-up. All sets are removed from original engines.

Attachments

• Picture 319.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Picture 322.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 141
The top set does look like the crank pulley is smaller. Are they from 340 or 318 engines?
Is it possible for you to measure across both of them for me? Thanks

Any pre 70 SB with manual steer (1st pic) and any post 70 SB with PS. You want the measurment on both crank pulleys?

-
Back