which parts to use?.

-

sawdoff

Reaction score
so heres what i have 1. 76 dart 4 dr parts car. disc brakes, slant 6.
2. 70 dart 2 dr. drum brakes v8 car

so my question is which combo of parts to use putting a disc brake 70 2 dr v8 car on the road. my first thought was swap out the entire k frame and everything. then worry about the motor mounts. so what says the experts?

K-members are different. Use the disc brake spindles,upper control arms and related parts off the 76 and put them on the 72.

^^See above^^

EDIT just noticed the one is a slant, so they will not directly interchange, unless you weld up your own conversion mounts, or buy commercial V8 conversion mounts

The late K will set you up for spool mounts which are generally considered better engine mounts. If one of them has a front anti-sway/ roll bar, you cannot use it on the other.........the bar and the lower arms are different.

So if no roll bar, I'd switch em. Check carefully for cracks, and for wear on the LCA pivot holes

My 2 cents... swap over the k and everything. Buy a schumacher 6 to small block conversion kit. You will then have spool mounts which are more desirable (again IMO). I would also use the later spool trans mount.

Keep the complete rear drum assemblies off the 76 back plates and all. They will bolt onto an 8 3/4 with aftermarket axles. Also dont forget the disc drum proportioning valve and master cylinder.

And dont forget the steering linkage, it changed 72 to 73.

Last edited:
-
Back